Author Topic: What is causing this and how do I fix it?  (Read 3629 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What is causing this and how do I fix it?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 08:10:56 AM »
your contacts on the cords are more that likely wearing out.  I would stop using them like that.  Make sure the machine stops and disengage the clevis with the reset button and offset your platens.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 09:57:40 AM »
our old gauntlet acted strange when air flow was restricted. Do you have any air issues?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mhprinting

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 10:12:15 AM »
our old gauntlet acted strange when air flow was restricted. Do you have any air issues?

Nope, not that I know of.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 10:49:38 AM »
If that's the ONLY scenario where the indexer stalls, why would they think it's a bad servo? Doesn't make sense to me. Looks like it indexes fine after the reset and if it NEVER does it unless a stop action, yellow cord, restart sequence is done then it seems like a software/programming issue. Yellow safety cord signal is either connected or not, a poor connection should result in a "no-index".

Offline mhprinting

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 11:02:48 AM »
If that's the ONLY scenario where the indexer stalls, why would they think it's a bad servo? Doesn't make sense to me. Looks like it indexes fine after the reset and if it NEVER does it unless a stop action, yellow cord, restart sequence is done then it seems like a software/programming issue. Yellow safety cord signal is either connected or not, a poor connection should result in a "no-index".

Yes, that's what I was thinking too. It seems to me it is a software problem. I'll keep you guys updated once I get the servo motor in and replace it with the new one.

Offline mhprinting

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 11:39:11 AM »
Hey guys we had some down time this morning and I was trying to find solutions to the problem.

This is what happened this morning:
1.) Started a print run
2.) Put it on standby
3.) Pressed the green reset button to move the pallet out the way, put the pallet back to the load station, hit reset again, waited 15 secs, tried to index it, but it only moved half way.
We did not remove the yellow cord this time and it still only indexed half way so I'm thinking that it may not be a cord problem. What it seems like is that the machine works fine once a job has started, but if my press op puts it on standby to reload ink, use the restroom, or whatever, it has trouble indexing once we try to start it again.

Could it still be the servo motor going bad? My press is only 2 years old with 90k imprints.

Offline mhprinting

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 10:51:42 AM »
Hey guys, want to give you guys an update with my diamondback. We received the new servo motor almost a month ago and it seemed to work for a couple days, but the problem has returned. My machine still indexes half way after we put it on standby.

We'll be doing a print run, we stop the machine to inspect a screen (add more ink, fix a pinhold, etc), no yellow chords were unplugged, and when we go to index the machine so we can resume the print run, it indexes halfway and sometimes it takes a couple times for it to go back to normal, but sometimes we have to turn off the press 4-5 times in order for it to go back to normal. So we have to wait for the machine to boot up and if it doesn't work, we keep restarting the press till it gets back to normal. Unnecessary down time...

We have been experiencing a lot of down time and we are getting extremely frustrated having to deal with this problem. I will be contacting M&R to see what their recommendations are.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 11:23:03 AM »
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
I would hanker and idea of the battery on the cpu. Turn off, take it out take it down to batteries plus and have them make you one for under $50. Have them check it of course. now on some machines if you do that you lose the program, check the book to see how they tell you to do it.

Shane

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2017, 05:18:17 PM »
Not sure what all you have coverd with M&R but I would have a talk with them about your PLC maybe needing reprogrammed or replaced. At the very least it sounds like you maybe you need to change the battery on the PLC if you haven't already.

Murphy

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2017, 05:57:37 PM »
I would hanker and idea of the battery on the cpu. Turn off, take it out take it down to batteries plus and have them make you one for under $50. Have them check it of course. now on some machines if you do that you lose the program, check the book to see how they tell you to do it.

Shane
This is a bad idea with the PLC's I've used--unless the new ones are very different.

The battery is what keeps the program, if the battery is still good you still have a program, if the battery is bad, nothing would be running right now.  IIRC, M&R says you have thirty seconds to put a new one in once you pull the old one.

It certainly sounds possible that a faulty PLC could do exactly what you say, but I don't believe the battery has anything to do with the actual processing, only backing up the program in 'volatile' memory when power is off.

Offline heray11

• Verified/Junior
  • Howard Ray 713 344 8604 man6of10@yahoo. for svc
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 11:11:10 PM »
 Inside the ends of the yellloow cord there is a screw. If the screw comes somewhat loose, the cords will not work properly.
  The serceno is, that when, on most presses, the emer cord is dis connected, the computer need to be reset.
Is the operator bringing the press back to the right location before he is starting back up.  I also agree that the press should have a pause setting.
  Never totally disconnect you saftey cable. Bad stuff could happen and aweay goes your
 company and hard work.
   He could put it in foot pedal mode and cover up the foot medal. 

In allmodes...SAFETY FIRST. 
    or, ask M&R foor someone to come and properly train your employee on the press...or buy a Workhorse...

Experienced on Tuf olys,Javs,freedoms, Sabres elec dryers f/b and exp units
 For quoays em man6of10@yahoo.com of call 713-344-8604
   Happy New Year