Author Topic: Production Manager wanted- Portland, OR  (Read 7306 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Production Manager wanted- Portland, OR
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 12:59:31 PM »
It is true though that classifieds are not really the place to question high or low prices relative to location.
Sounds like a great topic of its own though for the Running a Business section.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 01:33:33 PM »
I agree Andy, let's steer the thread back to it's original reason for posting. They are looking for a Production Manager in a nice shop in OR.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 10:46:17 PM »
Since there was some activity on this post I thought I'd give an update.  We hired one of the guys we interviewed and I think he'll be a great fit!  11 years experience screen printing and a handful of years managing employees.  He's worked at a larger faster paced shop then ours as well as a smaller shop so I think he'll have a decent amount of experience to bring into the shop.

All of that being said, when it comes to pay, for small shops in our area I'd like to think we are fairly comparable wage wise though I can't say for certain. I know for Press Operators that we hire we tend to pay more than we see a lot (not all) of local shops paying. I also know that the person we are hiring for this position is getting somewhat decent pay bump from where he is at now if that says anything.  In our shop a lot of the "Production Manager" work still falls on my shoulders and I expect it to, our business is not at a place yet where we can afford a person that has the experience level of Dave at Bimm Ridder (although that would be AWESOME! ;). What we're hoping for at the pay we are offering is someone that is more of an entry level Production Manager if you will.  Someone that can bring knowledge to the table, help us improve and grow which then in turn affords us the ability to improve salaries etc.

- This is Jen by the way (Jamie's wife), I'm going to create my own account on here soon as to not cause too much identity confusion, don't worry Jamie is still around!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:48:24 PM by inkbrigade »
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 07:42:17 AM »
- This is Jen by the way (Jamie's wife), I'm going to create my own account on here soon as to not cause too much identity confusion, don't worry Jamie is still around!

Lol, I tell people all the time that I'm the owner but she's the boss.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 01:40:03 PM »
Only if I get to be in Jamie's band.
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com