Author Topic: The Movies!!!  (Read 1322 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
The Movies!!!
« on: April 26, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »
My son was approached a few months ago by a lady while he was doing his radio intern show, and she ask him has he ever done any acting, well my son tells her no.  She goes on to tell him he has a very marketable face and gives him a few numbers to call and next thing you know there setting him up for head shots, long story short right now he is at Tyler Perry Studio's in Atlanta filming parts for an up and coming movie.  After to many injuries and disappointment's playing college football he thought he's just get his education and move on, can't say this is going to make him a star but he will get an experience of movie making...
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: The Movies!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 01:13:59 PM »
So he takes after you athletically and your wife's side in the looks department. ;)

That is really cool.  I've heard Tyler Perry is a pretty nice guy in real life.  That's got to be exciting.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 01:34:47 PM »
So he didn't say, "Before we decide anything, I'd like you to meet my Dad."

That is great D, congrats to him (and your family)
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »
Oh thank you Brad  ;) and does any black kid ever say I'd like to thank my Dad  ;D

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 02:00:17 PM »
Oh thank you Brad  ;) and does any black kid ever say I'd like to thank my Dad  ;D

I'm not touching this.  (that's what she said)

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 03:15:55 PM »
Gratz to your son D!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 03:28:20 PM »

You bad, LOL...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline numbercruncher

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »
My son was approached a few months ago by a lady while he was doing his radio intern show, and she ask him has he ever done any acting, well my son tells her no.  She goes on to tell him he has a very marketable face and gives him a few numbers to call and next thing you know there setting him up for head shots, long story short right now he is at Tyler Perry Studio's in Atlanta filming parts for an up and coming movie.

Way to go ! Keep us posted...
Michael Jirasek
Independent Consultant
708-227-5084
jirs23m@hotmail.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 09:55:02 AM »
Well guys he finished filming his part, Tyler treated them all to a late dinner, he was pretty beat last night when he called, so I guess acting is more work than he thought ;D

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 10:26:28 AM »
Come on, acting isn't hard. I act like I know what I'm doing all day every day. I'm never tired.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »
Come on, acting isn't hard. I act like I know what I'm doing all day every day. I'm never tired.

I don't know I acted like a screen printer all day yesterday and was pretty tired myself last night, but I can sure act the fool and be just fine ;D

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 02:12:52 PM »

that's because unlike Darryl's son's, your acting is terrible!  ;D

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!