Author Topic: I'm the new guy  (Read 1827 times)

Offline The Chucklier

I'm the new guy
« on: April 28, 2017, 02:20:30 PM »
I might not be doing this correctly but I was told to introduce myself.  I am Charlie, my kids nicknamed me Chucklier.  I thought it was a cool nickname so I used for my user name.  I am a print floor supervisor and have worked in the industry for 25 years. The weird thing is I am still learning everyday.  To much to know in this industry.  We have several automatic screen printing presses and print millions of shirts a year. As you know I am new I will ask you to be gentle.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: I'm the new guy
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 02:25:44 PM »
Welcome...you've come to a good place.

You can never assume you know everything in this industry.  With inks and ingredients and fabrics constantly changing, it's always a learning game.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »
hi Charlie,

welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us, you'll find us to be a friendly bunch! Lotsa information sharing here and most of it is pretty good. I would imagine that with 25 years of experience we'll get a chance to learn something from you!
Did you guys buy and of the ROQs yet? We picked up two last year and could not be happier. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 02:37:10 PM »
Howdy and Welcome!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »
Hey Charlie!
Yep, it's amazing that this is an industry quite simple to enter, but that also has so many levels and nuances, that more than 30 years in I am still constantly humbled.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:13:01 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 04:43:09 PM »
Welcome Charlie, your 25 years is added knowledge with a great bunch already here.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline The Chucklier

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 12:03:10 PM »
Blue Moon, We have looked at the Roq's as well as others.  We certainly think they have a made a press that is efficient, simple, and sturdy.  Very few moving parts, claims of zero pallet deflection, and it runs super smooth.

The two presses you guys purchased were for replacement or adding?  If replacement, can I asked what you replaced and why?  I can send an email if you would like not to discuss that on the shirt board.

Offline SEPSINK

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 02:41:40 PM »
Welcome to the group!  8)
www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 05:08:34 PM »
Blue Moon, We have looked at the Roq's as well as others.  We certainly think they have a made a press that is efficient, simple, and sturdy.  Very few moving parts, claims of zero pallet deflection, and it runs super smooth.

The two presses you guys purchased were for replacement or adding?  If replacement, can I asked what you replaced and why?  I can send an email if you would like not to discuss that on the shirt board.

we added 2 presses to the MHM E-Type that we still have. The idea was to use the ROQs and have the old press as standby. So this was both an upgrade and addition.

feel free to reach out via PM if you'd like more info.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!