Author Topic: Recommendations? Need Industrial Sewing Machine for Sewing on Patches  (Read 1588 times)

Offline NTZ-Deanna

• Verified/Junior
Looking for recommendations on a Good Industrial Sewing Machine that would work great for sewing patches and labels on caps as well as on other garments or odd shaped items such as bags etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help us make the right selection.

:)
Deanna Smith
N the Zone Ink
(541) 728-9663  Deanna@ntzink.com

Differentiate Yourself With Your Quality

Offline Biverson

Barudan or ZSK. Barudan is more affordable and has a bigger market presence and more techs. ZSK has more metal parts, a smaller sewing arm, and needle hole is closer to the edge so could be better for odd shaped items. Those are the only 2 I'd consider. Tajima is way over priced and just look how many used are on Digitsmith. Barudans don't last long. I've got a Barudan 6 head and had SWFs. Don't but SWF either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline Prints Charming

• Verified/Junior
Singer makes industrial sewing machines. That is what we use
Randy Wilbanks 361-533-0593 Prints Charming Royal Tees corpus Christi Texas

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Juki

We crank out hundreds of labels a day on one of the juki industrial machines. If your doing clip tags go with a bar tacker
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline abchung

• !!!
We use a few brands.
But our sewers and technicians prefer
Juki and Pegasus.
Less maintenance and runs smoother.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Biverson

Barudan or ZSK. Barudan is more affordable and has a bigger market presence and more techs. ZSK has more metal parts, a smaller sewing arm, and needle hole is closer to the edge so could be better for odd shaped items. Those are the only 2 I'd consider. Tajima is way over priced and just look how many used are on Digitsmith. Barudans don't last long. I've got a Barudan 6 head and had SWFs. Don't but SWF either.

Doh. Sorry. I thought you were looking to sew designs on hats and bags, not just for labels. I'm not in this line of work but when I come across other posts online I hear  of Juki.

Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline Doug B

• !!!
  Another vote for Juki. We have 30-40 in our sewing department. Almost no maintenance
besides oil and cleaning.

Offline NTZ-Deanna

• Verified/Junior
Thanks so much for the feedback!  Juki definitely seems to be the most recommended here and elsewhere in the apparel community.   There are so many types though.  Danny mentioned the bar tacker for the clip labels but I keep thinking a Single Needle Cylinder Arm Machine is the best option for the ease of sewing the patches on caps as that is our primary focus in addition to labels and other odd items.  Does that seem correct or would you recommend another model?
Deanna Smith
N the Zone Ink

Offline NTZ-Deanna

• Verified/Junior
Perhaps I've misunderstood the Bartacking Machine - maybe it can also do single run stitches too? 
Deanna Smith
N the Zone Ink

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Perhaps I've misunderstood the Bartacking Machine - maybe it can also do single run stitches too?

Yes it can.... The bartacker is what you want if your doing any sewing for labels, patches, etc

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline NTZ-Deanna

• Verified/Junior
Thank you Thank you for setting me straight Danny and everyone who replied, greatly appreciate your time!  ;D
Deanna Smith
N the Zone Ink

Offline SEPSINK

www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers