Author Topic: Low price auto reclaim options?  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Low price auto reclaim options?
« on: May 12, 2017, 02:46:44 PM »
Just a random thought in the back of my head, which is probably more of a dream, but what are the low/entry level models/price for an auto reclaim unit?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Low price auto reclaim options?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »
Just a random thought in the back of my head, which is probably more of a dream, but what are the low/entry level models/price for an auto reclaim unit?

illegal immigrant for $8/hour!  ;D

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 02:57:04 PM »

pierre

Ha! I have a strong feeling the $8 illegal would work harder than anyone I've hired at a normal wage.

I should take the lease payment, divide that by $8 and see how many hours of labor I could get instead!  :D

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:21:00 PM »
We use the lotus holland...... It's a tiny bit north of $1000 per month in payment.... Right now we are doing well over 100 screens a day and it's nobody's full time job here anymore so it's been quite nice

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:23:09 PM »
Like CTS, like EROEI (energy return on energy invested) there are going to be a WIDE rage of # of screens per day that will roughly be a breakeven for an automated reclaim room.

though, much like arguing about the merits of a CTS at each /screen level - I'd like to hear from people who HAVE adopted it - how many screens they do DO to justify it (along with the usual I wish I'd done it X amount of time sooner...)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 04:50:39 PM »
I've looked at the Lotus Holland and the M&R.  Price point is similar between them, around the 60k mark.  I know M&R does and LH might offer smaller models with less chambers.

I think automated and especially semi-automated makes sense regardless of the screen throughput.   I'm leaning toward dip tanks and basically a screen printing version of a hobart with an inspection booth.  I used to work in restaurants and having the little washers made dishing roll a lot better than using a three sink and I think that's a pretty good analogy.  Most restaurants don't have a fully automated conveyor line to wash/disinfect/dry dishes but most do have a little hobart that does the bulk of the work. 

In any case it'd be nice to keep reclaim from being an "oh crap we're in the weeds, somebody go do it" thing and any kind of automation helps there.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 05:57:39 PM »

In any case it'd be nice to keep reclaim from being an "oh crap we're in the weeds, somebody go do it" thing and any kind of automation helps there.

This right here! Like I mentioned all week long I have been reclaiming at night because my screen tech has been helping on the floor as we are stupid busy right now. Before the lotus I would absolutely dread cleaning screens as I hate smelling the chems. Reclaiming is so damn easy now that I do not mind doing it the least bit. My old screen tech has moved to being a press op and replacing him was the reason I went with the auto machine as he was super good at what he does doing it manually but the kid paid his dues long enough to graduate out of reclaim. It was a nightmare trying to find an employee that could clean as good as he did but now almost anyone here can do it with 10 minutes of training

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 06:10:19 PM »
Danny,  will you comment on your chemical use and cost?  Our Saati rep was in here yesterday and spoke of a shop he had just visited that does around 200/day and that they were going through upwards of $400 in chemicals every few days! 
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 05:48:11 PM »
To throw some numbers in there. We are about .50 cents per screen with labor reduced to about 25% of what it was. One guy can run I-Image, Unikote, Load and unload Eco-Tex, and rinse out screens.
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 05:52:45 PM »

pierre

Ha! I have a strong feeling the $8 illegal would work harder than anyone I've hired at a normal wage.

I should take the lease payment, divide that by $8 and see how many hours of labor I could get instead!  :D

Wrong! :)  Trust me, even with E-verify we've had quite a few come through our doors and work here until we found out they were not legal to work, and unfortunately they must have left their great work ethic at home.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.