Author Topic: A little help, please  (Read 6027 times)

Offline dburgessjr

• Verified/Junior
  • It's all about MƎ
A little help, please
« on: November 11, 2011, 11:45:04 AM »
Could someone please try and open the attached file and let me know if its in a vector format or just a placed jpg.
I only run CS4 and I'm getting a out of version error.
And if possible, could I get that sent back to me saved as a CS4 file.  I'd appreciate it.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: A little help, please
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 11:51:13 AM »
Placed image :(

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 11:58:43 AM »
And tiny at that. It initially opened up for me at 2.5"

In case you haven't seen it, here it is a a little bigger as a jpg

You may want to ask these folks to look and see if there is something else.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline dburgessjr

• Verified/Junior
  • It's all about MƎ
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 12:25:06 PM »
Yeah I figured it was a placed image.  I saw the artwork already in a pdf format and the quality was extremely low res.
Thanks for the effort guys!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 08:36:14 AM »
But also, that can be re created with almost 100% accuracy. Some guy in China might fo it for $10.00 dlac will do it for maybe $25.00 and I would do it for about that also.

Speaking of China, u saw on another forum where a printer was speaking highly of the services they get from a china vector source. Usually $12.00-15.00. Then he posted before and after pics.   I thought "man, you need to raise your expectations.". It was not good at all.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 04:24:30 PM »
I have found it's hit or miss with china vectoring.  I have an on staff artist that can trace faster than anybody i have ever seen.

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 03:26:58 AM »
Sorry........but I've been talked to, had to remove my rendering of said jpg. I didnt realize it was such a touchy subject to offer a free rendering that was so simple that my 3 year old could do it....:)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:07:23 PM by jason-23 »

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 11:12:29 PM »
Ummm, thinking ahead, can I get your 3 yr old's price list?  Don't need yours. 

:D
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 07:55:25 AM »
Ummm, thinking ahead, can I get your 3 yr old's price list?  Don't need yours. 

:D
She likes to get paid in dora cartoons, mac and cheese and chicken nuggets.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 08:49:49 AM »
Sorry........but I've been talked to, had to remove my rendering of said jpg. I didnt realize it was such a touchy subject to offer a free rendering that was so simple that my 3 year old could do it....:)

Jason, I started out talking as a friend, artist to artist and sent you an email. Your response is this? A twist and blatant lie?  I gave you my opinion. To my recolection, I never "asked" you or "told" you to take it down. In fact nothing like that was mentioned. If I wanted it down, I would have done it myself as an admin. Admins don't need to beg you to take something down. This type of drama is what we don't want here and this is what you "could" get in trouble for. This is not the first time you've been out of line. Take note of it. You chose to take it down and you chose to claim " you had to".  I will discuss the matter with the partners to determine how to handle this.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 09:07:38 AM »
I think that generosity and exuberance got the best of out friend here. The way I see this particular member to member section is to put requests out there, but not make it a public bidding war (or pissing contest)

Bottom line; some posts would be better made as emails or PM's.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline dburgessjr

• Verified/Junior
  • It's all about MƎ
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 10:06:14 AM »

No worries man.  This artwork was for one of our contract customers and its their responsibility to send me the corrected and finished artwork.  I've been working with them now for the last 6 months+ and I've done enough hand holding for them.  As easy as the artwork is, I know our contract customer has an on staff artist and this is something they should figure out.

And besides, what business doesn't have a raw file format for their own logo?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 10:08:44 AM »
HAHAH, almost no business I deal with can actually provide a vector copy of their logo...or a high res JPG even.  It's really sad frankly.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 10:12:38 AM »
And besides, what business doesn't have a raw file format for their own logo?

Many of them do not have the files.
Many of them have a JPG file, and that is all they get from their "design firm", that they could place in QuickBooks header and stuff like that.

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »
HAHAH, almost no business I deal with can actually provide a vector copy of their logo...or a high res JPG even.  It's really sad frankly.

no doubt!  It amazes me at how many like mentioned cannot supply the proper files.
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master®