Author Topic: CTS, Pre-reg and Operator Error  (Read 1219 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
CTS, Pre-reg and Operator Error
« on: May 24, 2017, 02:20:15 PM »
Those of you using a pre-reg system and/or CTS- how are you overcoming operator error in matching the points of registration up from imaging to press?

I gotta figure this out because in our shop when one individual images a job on CTS and locks it in on press, it's on.  When one person images and another locks in, it's off in ways that should be impossible within our system. 

Since 99% of our jobs are shot by one worker and setup by another we aren't capturing the benefits of our system.  After walking through this with all staff we're still so far off on some jobs that it has to be operator error and I'm stumped on how to fix it.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: CTS, Pre-reg and Operator Error
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 02:28:48 PM »
Busy right now but try having the screen guy tri-lock a job on the press..........that should give some clues
tp

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 02:33:22 PM »
Which CTS are you using?

Our I-image had a few quirks that we worked through,

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »
Those of you using a pre-reg system and/or CTS- how are you overcoming operator error in matching the points of registration up from imaging to press?

I gotta figure this out because in our shop when one individual images a job on CTS and locks it in on press, it's on.  When one person images and another locks in, it's off in ways that should be impossible within our system. 

Since 99% of our jobs are shot by one worker and setup by another we aren't capturing the benefits of our system.  After walking through this with all staff we're still so far off on some jobs that it has to be operator error and I'm stumped on how to fix it.

on PRESS, the typical thing that I found was that the loader would hit the 3 points and lock it down...but the important part...is that before locking it down, he/she needs to hold that frame (in place) butt up against the pins by pulling slightly with one hand, keeping it snug while locking with the other. The locking clamping down on frame can jump the frame way out if they don't hold it into position.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 02:43:46 PM »
For the dts operator, you can tell if it's coming from there, by bringing said problem fram back to screen room, load it in again...making sure that it is inn place correctly and print the image on top again of your exposed screen. This will show if it's off right there. Proves where the issues are coming from.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 03:09:50 PM »
Exile Spyder.

Yes, as I said if one person images and locks on press it's bang on, ready run about 99%.  So it's "operator to operator" error I suppose with someone at the CTS not doing what someone on the press is. 

I think the drum pressure is a major component of this but not the whole problem.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 03:20:08 PM »
We've had this problem over the years and in our case it almost always boiled down to the way a guy would hold/butt the screens up against the blocks, and/or how they would hit the toggles to lock the screen down.  I tell my guys that they need to hold the screen with the amount of pressure as a medium pressure handshake.  Not a "I'm going to intimidate you with my crazy hand strength" hand shake, but one you might do with an older gentleman.  Then I try to hit the front and back toggles at the exact same time.  But if you do them one at a time you need to be consistent with the sequence and do that EVERY time. 

Some guys are just so careless and the term "detail oriented" is like quantum physics to them.  I'm always amazed with people that I'll explain something to and tell them it needs to be done EXACTLY like this every time, no deviation because the whole process will be ruined if you do it differently, then they go off and do it the wrong way within 1 minute of me showing them.  It's very frustrating.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.