Author Topic: Dryer venting  (Read 1127 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Dryer venting
« on: May 26, 2017, 01:51:29 PM »
So we finally decided to put hoods on the ends of our dryer.  I had an HVAC guy come out and work up a design for pulling the spillover heat out.  He's going to rework a few other things with the regular exhaust and such as well.

What we are really excited about are the custom fabbed hoods for each end, he's running 2 ducts off each one to even out the pull so it's not all over the center.  That's running up to custom plenum, through the roof to a roof mounted 1200cfm fan with variable speed control.  We figure that's overkill, but it's there if we need it.

It should help keep it a bit cooler back there.  We don't print much discharge, but when we do it should help with that as well.

After that he's replacing the entire HVAC system in the office as well.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Dryer venting
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 02:55:29 PM »
just be careful not to draw too much heat out with the fan, other than that caution, a fine plan. We have custom hoods over both of our bigger dryers, with inline fans (looks just like ductwork) at the ends doing the pulling...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Dryer venting
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 03:38:16 PM »
That is the reason for the variable speed motor.

We are also mounting them about 18" above the belt itself.  With about a 24" overhang.  At that height they shouldn't suck air from inside the oven, but rather other air from closer to the hoods themselves.

I checked with Interchange on what they recommend and we are trying to stay pretty close to those numbers.