Artist > ART Pricing

Art Changes

(1/2) > >>

larryk:
Been having some problems lately with customers making changes to artwork. How do you handle it when the art is sent for  an OK and they come back with adding more sponsors or decide to add more graphics..... We need to get some kind of policy in place where the customer is paying for this but I'm not sure on how to handle this.

Doug S:
We offer 3 revisions at no cost as long as the revisions are made to the same design and not a completely different design all together.  After that we charge additional fees depending on how complicated the changes are.  Usually they get less ticky about the little things when there is going to be additional costs involved.

Sbrem:

--- Quote from: Doug S on May 25, 2017, 11:41:32 AM ---We offer 3 revisions at no cost as long as the revisions are made to the same design and not a completely different design all together.  After that we charge additional fees depending on how complicated the changes are.  Usually they get less ticky about the little things when there is going to be additional costs involved.

--- End quote ---

I'll generally do a couple of easy revisions for free, then tell them it's starting to cost more. I've had wholesale design changes, and they have to pay for our work even if they don't use it.

Steve

merchmonster:
Our stated policy is 1 free revision and everything after billed at $75 hr. We will usually incorporate some minor feedback on a 2nd revision. 3rd revision we usually charge.

Key to making this process work is warning customer and making them aware of process. Otherwise they will say well I didn't know that, and now you're making free revisions still.

revision 1
- warn customer that this is their one free revision. Additional charges billed at $75 hr

Revision 2
- note that They already used up their free revision and you're incorporating this minor change for free this one time. But seriously we're charging for the next one. Now you're the good guy

Revision 3
Charge them. For people spending significant money, in the thousands, I probably would do this one free and charge for the next one.

Your goal is to get all the feedback into round 1. Every time you touch the proof t costs money.

I would also recommend tracking design hours per project it is really helpful to see where projects go way over budget. And then tweak your process and also evaluate which customers you are spending too much time with and why. We track time for proofs and time for seps separately

Frog:
On the actual graphics, I remember Jeri, a popular car artist offered two tiers of pricing. One, included a number of revisions, and a heavily discounted version that pretty much put one's faith in her judgement, and what folks had seen from her in the past.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version