Author Topic: Fast Rip help  (Read 2744 times)

Offline allyeds3

• Verified/Junior
Fast Rip help
« on: October 07, 2011, 10:58:23 AM »
If anyone is still using Fast Rip like me, I could sure use your help.  I want to know if there's a way to manually nest the images in Fast Rip.  Mine isn't nesting well and a lot of film is being wasted.  I have Fast Rip 9.0 HS, and an Epson 4880.  Thanks!

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Re: Fast Rip help
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 03:05:33 PM »
I still have the FF 9 but not understanding what your wanting to know. I do know that the settings in FF9 are not user friendly... when mine quits I will be purchasing something else but for now I have had not problems except I have to run WP film

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »
If I'm reading this right, aren't those two different software items from Fressner?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Northland

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
If anyone is still using Fast Rip like me, I could sure use your help.  I want to know if there's a way to manually nest the images in Fast Rip.  Mine isn't nesting well and a lot of film is being wasted.  I have Fast Rip 9.0 HS, and an Epson 4880.  Thanks!

At one time, American Screen Supply was offering free tech support for FastRip products.
You could try them.

http://www.americanscreensupply.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=59

They also sell the FilmMaker upgrade for FastRip.

Offline allyeds3

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »
Thanks.  I just sent Karl and email.

Offline allyeds3

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »
I still have the FF 9 but not understanding what your wanting to know. I do know that the settings in FF9 are not user friendly... when mine quits I will be purchasing something else but for now I have had not problems except I have to run WP film

I will be switchng when mine quits too.   The problem I have is that the program is not utilzing the space on the film.  It's supposed to lay all the images out using the least amount of film, but it isn't.  i just printed a job out the other day that was BHHS with cheerleading overlapping the bottom of the BHHS in a different color.  When sent it to the printer, it put BHHS near the edge of the film, then put cheerleadling like 6 inches down from BHHS, rather than right underneath.