Author Topic: Epson 1400 Question  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Epson 1400 Question
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 12:49:42 PM »
If Atlas doesn't sell small bottles, these guys certainly do.
https://www.cobraink.com/store/

heck, I even have good luck with their pigment ink for my films since I also make transfers with the same printer.

Andy, are you using the dye or pigment ink for films in your Epson?  Shouldn't it be dye or did I misread your reply?

To add to this, we run dye in our older 3800, and pigment with our newer T3270, which comes with pigment based and is still under warranty. The dye based is blacker, but we've had zero exposure problems with the pigment based. I think when my warranty runs out, I'll go to a dye based refillable cart in the T3270.

Steve

No, you didn't misread. Dye has always been the preferred ink for film, however, with the so called "waterproof' films, pigment, which is the best type for transfers,  does the trick. Therefore, with my printer pulling double duty, pigment it is.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 12:02:47 AM »
I'm going to get some refillable cartridges for my Epson 1400. 

I do not plan on printing any color like photos, etc.

My question is, what should I put in the non-black cartridges?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 10:14:42 AM »
Cleaning solution.
Shane

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:15:43 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2017, 01:14:52 PM »
There are commercial cleaning solutions like this stuff from Cobra
https://www.cobraink.com/store/#!/Cobra-Cleaning-Solution/p/70692504/category=22293536
They also sell a "clog buster" which may be more like what you found

or a homemade version (probably more your style) like this from sbrem
16 oz. distilled water
2-3 oz. of Isopropyl Alcohol, the 90%+ type, not the 77%
drop of Dawn dishwashing liquid
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »
Oddly enough, I called Cobra to inquire about cleaning solution.

When I told them what I wanted to do, their suggestion was to put black in all the carts and run 3 cleaning cycles to flush out the colors in the tubes.

Is anyone doing that even though only printing from the black cartridge?  Now I'm in a bit of a quandary what to do.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »
Oddly enough, I called Cobra to inquire about cleaning solution.

When I told them what I wanted to do, their suggestion was to put black in all the carts and run 3 cleaning cycles to flush out the colors in the tubes.

Is anyone doing that even though only printing from the black cartridge?  Now I'm in a bit of a quandary what to do.

Perhaps you should take the conversation a little further and ask for a little fuller explanation. In the past, when I had a question, I found Richard (I think that's his name) quite forthcoming and willing to explain things.
As you know from the rest of the business, there are often many ways to skin these graphic cats.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 09:49:49 PM »
The whole reason for running cleaning fluid is to not burn of print head and to not mess with prints at same time. So when you run rip you specify the channel used or channels used.

Shane