Author Topic: Air Quality in printing area  (Read 964 times)

Offline canucklehead

• Verified/Junior
Air Quality in printing area
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:16:16 PM »
Screenprinting is certainly a far cry from the fumes of welding shops of course, but still, we're thinking about maybe picking up an air filtration/ambient air cleaner system to help mitigate the fumes and dust around the dryer mainly. Has anyone bothered with these kind of units before?

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Air Quality in printing area
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 12:20:57 PM »
Fumes, our Adelco  dryer has a exhaust and we have no problem with fumes, dust heat and it stands in the middle of the shop.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 01:25:04 PM »
I built a downdraft table that has two 24"x24" furnace filters in it, a commercial floor dryer in there to move air, and it works pretty good to keep some dust out of the air, as we put it right under the load/ unload stations of the press.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 11:12:58 AM »
I built a downdraft table that has two 24"x24" furnace filters in it, a commercial floor dryer in there to move air, and it works pretty good to keep some dust out of the air, as we put it right under the load/ unload stations of the press.

Good idea, I'd like to minimize lint buildup all over the shop. Back in the days of spray tack & manual press, I used a low-pro version - box fan point down w/ filter attached. It helped keep tack from misting everywhere & kept lint more localized.

@canucklehead: What inks are you using? Plastisol only? WB? Discharge? Are you talking about "scrubbing" air & recirculating in shop, or exhausting outside?
Nice guys laugh last.