Author Topic: Mobile Apps  (Read 952 times)

Offline Sparkie

Mobile Apps
« on: November 20, 2011, 02:20:24 PM »
For fun and relaxation during my limited spare time, I create/code small utility apps for myself. I am in the process of learning how to code apps for my android based cell phone. I thought rather than writing an app to suit my needs only, why not get input from some of you who may be interested in an app that helps make life easier while on the road or away from work, using your android based device. Also, so as not to reinvent the wheel, what mobile apps, if any, are out there right now that are aimed at screen printers.

I'm thinking along the lines of a pricing app that I can use whenever I'm out and about and away from my laptop apps. Maybe a KISS catalog with a dozen or so popular items with up to date pricing from various vendors.

Now I make no promises as spare time for me is limited right now, but when I do get started on this I'll need help via a few beta testers using various android based devices. For now I'd like to hear what features you'd like to see in a small, KISS type app.
- Mark

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Mobile Apps
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 11:30:05 PM »
I got no ideas right now but I'd beta test for you.

I already run "unsigned" apk files so I can just download and install on my phone.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 02:05:47 AM »
I want an app that controls a robot to prints t-shirts when I'm not at the shop printing t-shirts.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »
Sanmar has an app but it's pretty much their web page just reformatted.

I'd love to make the Filemaker database that runs my shop available via phone.
Iphones have a Filemaker app, but not Droids. Eff you Apple.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 01:02:14 PM »
I think if you can pull pricing from a supplier on say 5-10 items and then build in the app the ability to add in your set costs, screen charges, ink, time, number of colors and so on. Then perhaps be able to email the quote from the app or send it wifi or blue tooth through something like the bump app that would bee sweet. I would buy it for sure. You would also want to be able to upload our own logos on the quote form. It might be pretty involved but I think you could make some cash from it. Let me know if you need a beta tester I would have no issues trying it out for you. The key would be to keep it simple and easy to use but have the ability to customize it enough so it does not look like everyone elses quotes.   
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com