Author Topic: Hello.... and please help!!  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Bulldog1

Hello.... and please help!!
« on: October 29, 2017, 07:53:11 PM »
Hello,
I am not only new to "the shirt board", but also new to our 10/8 Anatol Volt.  We've been a manual shop for over 15 years, and have over 30 years of printing experience on a manual press (6/4).
Looking for some insight on the differences between the two (manual vs automatic).
We've run a few 2 color, 3 color and single color jobs..  No issues..
So what do we do...  We jump out of the frying pan and into the fire and go for broke..  We just got a 150 piece sweatshirt job, 7 colors (White, Black, Red, Green, Royal Blue, Sky Blue and Gold.
Does anyone have any experience on a volt?  We have 1 flash and we are trying to come up with the best "cycle" for a job of this caliber..

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Hello.... and please help!!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »
Glad to have you join us.
No specific advice on your speciific  Volt issues, but, though some may disagree, I think that with your former life as a manual printer, you will now still be a printer, albeit now one using an automatic (as opposed to the many "press operators" out there, who can run the machines, but often don't have the same grasp of why things do what they do).
I almost see it like understanding arithmetic before using a calculator.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:17:51 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline numbercruncher

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 09:30:07 AM »
Give us a call -
Michael Jirasek
Independent Consultant
708-227-5084
jirs23m@hotmail.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 02:37:02 PM »
the job setup will probably be the same or very similar regardless of the press. If you post the image we should be able to help out. Does the Volt offer a revolver style mode?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »
Having a second flash would help a bunch, you might be able to push your manual flash in a empty head, if your only able to use one flash then going around twice even three makes a 150 pc job a 450 pc job and that sucks.  Printing wet on wet is going to take the right inks and squeegee duro art seps the whole 9 yards and sweatshirts don't help, may best advice is to bump your mesh counts for your top colors to 230 and sharp squeegee's 60/90/60 maybe, I'm sure others here might give you some even better advice, hey congrats on getting a Volt, IMHO Anatol is a great company and my purchase from them has made us ton's of money over the years and they have been Johnny on the spot since day one.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 11:18:15 PM »
Agreeing with the above, especially Pierre's request for art image - that would allow for more relevant input.

I'll add that for this particular job, I would not worry about getting it done as fast as you can. Instead, work on making the prints come out right, however slow you have to go. If it revolves a time or two, so be it. Be patient, and realize that there will be a learning curve for this. Then, as you get to know the machine, you can keep refining your process.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 08:59:11 AM »
7 colors on an 8 color press, with one flash? White, flash, and run slowwww... (no cool down station, so time becomes that) If there is a revolver program on it, you might be able to add the second flash, but I'll let the Anatol users answer that.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't