Vinyl and similar products applied without a heat press > Cold Vinyl

vinyl cut out is not sticking to the transfer paper..its staying adhere to vinyl

(1/2) > >>

Mark @ Hurricane Printing:
im new at this guys so bear with me...I have the silhouette cameo 3.....circut glossy vinyl...silhouette adhesive transfer paper.

I get the image cut..weed it....i apply the transfer paper on top of the vinyl...i go over it with a credit card really good.

I go to peel off the vinyl backing and when i do, 100% of the image is supposed to stay adhered to transfer paper but it stays adhered to the vinyl backing.

what am i doing wrong here?

Get Shirts:
It’s possible that you need to use the proper squeegee... i think that’s what it’s called.. instead of a credit card. Sounds like a pressure issue to me not allowing the transfer tape to adhere to you’re vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeob:
Are you using transfer paper or masking tape?

Frog:

--- Quote from: Get Shirts on November 11, 2017, 02:58:26 PM ---It’s possible that you need to use the proper squeegee... i think that’s what it’s called.. instead of a credit card. Sounds like a pressure issue to me not allowing the transfer tape to adhere to you’re vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Yeah, don't cold vinyl folks use something similar to what body shops use for bondo?

royster13:
Probably more an issue that you are not using the correct transfer tape for the vinyl you are using.....

Or the vinyl is old.....If so, sometimes gently warming can help it release.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version