Author Topic: What'll ya have, what'll ya have...  (Read 19833 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: What'll ya have, what'll ya have...
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 07:44:47 AM »
My boss is in AR at the screen plant.  The chemist (who used to work for Pfiser Pharmaceutical) is in NY.  The MSDS's come from there.  I know the ink is P free.  Other threads have proven it.  Other ink reps have commented on the plasticizer which is our bleed blocker. As soon as I get the "documentation" I'll post it.  This is just another California reg. we all have to conform to.  Soon your reclaim chemistry will be hit as well.

That is not the question, was it proven in the previous posts or not, the question is, is there anything that is documented and certified.
If someone questions it, I do not think that pointing them to this forum would help.
Sonny, I know that you are a good guy and trying to help everybody, I appreciate that, but.........
If you are trying to sell something, you got to be prepared. I can not believe that you have been selling this ink for a while and you still do not have needed documentation.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 02:43:16 PM »
Actually its a national thing. Not just here in California.  It affects all printers.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline DanK

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
10 days of asking and still no answer? :o

Did you see he is in AR?
I guess that is how they do business there  :o
My boss is in AR at the screen plant.  The chemist (who used to work for Pfiser Pharmaceutical) is in NY.  The MSDS's come from there.  I know the ink is P free.  Other threads have proven it.  Other ink reps have commented on the plasticizer which is our bleed blocker. As soon as I get the "documentation" I'll post it.  This is just another California reg. we all have to conform to.  Soon your reclaim chemistry will be hit as well.

Are you talking about the CPSIA laws?  I am assuming you are because people are asking for the certification for phthalate free.  CPSIA is a federal thing, not a CA thing, it applies to everyone in the United States.  Also, MSDS sheets last I checked don't satisfy the CPSIA laws, they are looking for "General Certificates of Conformity" or GCC's which are to be provided to printers by manufacturers specifically to satisfy CPSIA regulations...
Dan Holzer

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »
The certification by the ink companies was to be our "get out of lab testing each batch of shirts free" card.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline DanK

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »
The certification by the ink companies was to be our "get out of lab testing each batch of shirts free" card.

It was I hoped too, but I read recently on some SGIA stuff that they have further defined who is responsible for the actual testing of the final product, and that it's not retailers, it's the manufacturers...  What that means for us though, I am still not sure because I have not read anything about the further issue of component testing...  I am registered to sit through a couple more SGIA seminars on the topic next week I think, so I will post up some more info when I know it...
Dan Holzer

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »
It's true that we are dealing with a well-meaning but hopelessly confusing law that will, obviously, eventually, specifically agree, that no way, can their kids have their Peanut League  shirts on time if each order needs to send a "representative" to a lab for testing before being released for general consumption. The time constraints and added cost of testing twelve shirts would be prohibitive at best. The alternative of marking pens may just bring them under the same scrutiny.

The last I heard, last year, was that the large manufacturers' batches of Inks, transfer papers, cad-cut materials, et al, are what are going to be tested and certified, which, of course, brings us full circle to this thread's subject.

Hey Dan, were you at the Apparel Source food and CPSIA fest last April?

Offline DanK

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 06:00:48 PM »
Nope, I didn't go to that Apparel Source thing, did you?  We don't buy too much from them, most of those items we purchase from Sun Apparel, direct from Alstyle, etc.
Dan Holzer

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 06:05:14 PM »
No, I passed on it until the last minute, and then they were full up. I hardly buy from them anymore either, but David does not skimp on the spread that day each year. Good food, and even beer!

Offline DanK

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmm. Beeeeeeeeeeer.  What time is it?
Dan Holzer

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 10:43:41 PM »
Andy, could we have a section in the CPSIA forum area where we could post a certificate from a specific manufacturer?
That way, all off them would be at one place and all the printers will have access to it. I have one from WM Plastics that I could post and I have one from Coleman for their Embroidery thread (lead free).
Sonny could post the certificate there, and I do not think that manufacturers would have anything against it because it is in their interest to have those certificates available.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2011, 12:17:56 AM »
Sounds good to me. There is now a section, a child board.
Post yours directly, at least for now. We'll tweak it after a little stooge confab, and figure the best way to keep it orderly, and efficient.
I suggest merely the name of the product and company in the subject, and then the pdf or jpg, or whatever you have. Keep it simple.
We may find that it attracts discussion, and if so, and the section gets complicated, we'll make a child board  of the child board, lol, or whatever we need.