Author Topic: Has anyone seen this yet? - It's the best marketing ever done in our industry.  (Read 5428 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
I was impressed with the quality of the video and effects, especially for this industry.  It was an utter waste of time though.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
He seems to be an impressive promoter and a marketing whiz. 

Who amongst us is not just a little bit envious we didn't do it?

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Printhouse

I have been to several of the classes that he has put on and he is really impressive.  On another note he is very nice and down to earth to talk with.  If it was not for Ryonet I would not be where I am today....  I watched that darn Silkscreening 101 DVD 100 times!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
I don't think that anyone here was casting aspersions on Ryonet's value to the industry, but merely critiquing a commercial with a target audience obviously different than many of those contributing to this thread.
The fact that it was apparently included in emails from Ryonet to Ryonet customers probably clarifies the otherwise  obscured message, and the somewhat druggy rave style probably also appeals to that same demographic.
I'm afraid that some of us just didn't get it, it may be merely that we are from a different generation, (we still had pthalates in the softer pacifiers we wore around our necks for dry mouth, lol).

No offense.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
He seems to be an impressive promoter and a marketing whiz. 

Who amongst us is not just a little bit envious we didn't do it?

I am not......at all......envious of the video. 

Am I impressed with his company?  Yes.  But this one was a flop for me, and im younger, "hip", and live in the "edgy" style of printing/design and it just was a miss if I am being honest. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
I didn't get a minute into it before stopping it. However, I have bought some stuff from them before, but they're 3000 miles away, so it's pretty rare. I think they do a good job, especially helping the newbs.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
At 3:33 minutes, it was about 3 minutes too long to tell me about Cyber Monday something or other.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline terryei

• !!!
Nope, waste of time...

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
I didn't get a minute into it before stopping it. However, I have bought some stuff from them before, but they're 3000 miles away, so it's pretty rare. I think they do a good job, especially helping the newbs.

Steve

They do help the newbs, especially with the videos (I have watched a ton of them), but they get all that back with inflated pricing.

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/product/MIS-ISPF6   LOL

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member

Steve

They do help the newbs, especially with the videos (I have watched a ton of them), but they get all that back with inflated pricing.

$12 you have to be kidding me! Sure thats not a typo?
"No man is an island"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member

[/quote]

Nope, what are you complaining, it is on SALE too :)  I do not think that you can beat that price.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member

I can just beat that price $3. Only problem is its 8" instead of 6" bummer.

Now I scanned their site and see they sell Ulano QTX for almost $120 a gallon. Now I know how they afford such an expensive production commercial.

Nope, what are you complaining, it is on SALE too :)  I do not think that you can beat that price.
[/quote]
"No man is an island"

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
I agree there was nothing about what they were selling( especially nothing about M&R as they are a distributor) but they did accomplish one thing. Brand recognition. Just look at how many people are talking about it. Kind of like the old lady in Wendy's commercial about "Wheres the Beef". I think they accomplished exactly what they were shooting for.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Donnie

• !!!
I agree there was nothing about what they were selling( especially nothing about M&R as they are a distributor) but they did accomplish one thing. Brand recognition. Just look at how many people are talking about it. Kind of like the old lady in Wendy's commercial about "Wheres the Beef". I think they accomplished exactly what they were shooting for.

They are selling silver confetti.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
Rich...agreed they got people talking about it, however it is about 2:45 too long..in order to get a good viral video going it needs to stay under 1:20....I think they could have gotten the message through in a lot shorter of a time frame....I know normally I would not have watched it all, but I did because I wanted to be able to comment on it. 

I think they have a good thing going and they need to make sure they keep it moving....

Sam