Author Topic: Has anyone seen this yet? - It's the best marketing ever done in our industry.  (Read 5503 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I guess I get bored easy, didn't make it all the way thru the vid, like Rich said I know who Ryonet is now, but I knew that allready.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
I just think it could have been different and accomplished more.  I think the overall concept was fun though.

I would have never watched that had I not seen this thread. 

Look at where the video took this thread though, from chat about the video to the over priced items they sell.  (not all but some). 

I think it could be a negative in the end actually for some, at least the educated ones.  I think they also have something going that could be really good for the industry but they need to get some of those prices in check. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
About 30 seconds into it I was looking around my desk wondering what that funny smell was and by the time I hit the 3 minute mark, I was damn near pissed off that I had even wasted my time with the video.  Now I don't want to buy a damn thing from them, not that we do now, just a few items a year.  I'm not their demo so it really doesn't matter much, but that's my opinion. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Action1

The video got 5200 hits and 38 comments in 1 day. To me - it's quite impressive. I would almost bet that it was all done internally - also quite impressive. Someone here had to point out the 'rave' theme to me. It wasn't apparent to me because I've never been to one. They do look like fun though!

All I can say is - they have raised the advertising bar in our industry exponentially by doing this.

I know many of us on here are actually musicians who just do this to eat. It takes a lot of guts to put that out there.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
the flash and pizzazz is there, it's just missing content.  They should have worked a little harder on that end of it.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
He seems to be an impressive promoter and a marketing whiz. 

Who amongst us is not just a little bit envious we didn't do it?

I am not......at all......envious of the video. 

Am I impressed with his company?  Yes.  But this one was a flop for me, and im younger, "hip", and live in the "edgy" style of printing/design and it just was a miss if I am being honest.
Sorry. I should have been more specific. I did mean building the business not the video.

While cute I was reminded of the opening scene in one of the BLADE movies where the danced in a frenzy.....before the blood sprayed, lol.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
They should have spent more money on their techno/rave song, that was wack!

I have a promo video in the works, made a barter deal with a local fim company, hope all goes well.