Author Topic: dart team logo  (Read 9941 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: dart team logo
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 07:50:32 PM »
that is exactly what i want frog. just a simple moose with something with a dartboard in it or a moose shooting darts something.  i was thinking of going with the gildan 2000 indigo blue. with a white print.

Different strokes for different folks, but with cartoon type line art, I always aim for dark ink on a light shirt.
No one draws on dark paper.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 10:11:17 PM »

Not really, I do every now and then with pastel pencils and oil pastels yet you are right.

Jayzteez, sent you a PM

Thanks Sbrem.
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 10:13:30 PM »
that is cool fluid damn how much would something like that cost?   i would probably just do 1 or 2 colors.

Normally I would charge around $125-$150 for the art & separations.  Since I was just messing around and wasn't asked to do anything, I'll sell this to you for $40  (Created in CorelDRAW)

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 07:57:51 AM »
thanks for all the input guys and fluid.  A guy on the team wants to draw the logo he is a tattoo artist.  i will post pics when its done. 
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 10:44:30 AM »

Sure they do my amphibious friend.

Behold the wonder of scratchboard! (Especially the first example on the page!  8) )

http://bit.ly/rZQbU9

I used to do scratchboard style art for screen printers before I went digital.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 11:22:30 AM »
Point taken, and in fact, just yesterday, your amphibious friend found himself and his lovely princess bride at Jack London Square, home of, among other things  Oakland's  Museum of Children's Art, where scratchboard pieces (with descriotion of the process) were among the displayed art, and prominently posted in the windows.

You, of course, are, however good-naturedly, taking the statement a bit out of context as it followed a mention of a "simple black on white (or other very light shirt) and a cartoonish line drawing in the flavor of the daily comics" and  "...but with cartoon type line art, I always aim for dark ink on a light shirt."

15 shirts = K.I.S.S.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline MrBreeze

• !!!
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »
If this was my team I would use the design from Fluid.  This is a perfect opportunity to market your business and show everyone in the bar just what you are able to do.  I'm guessing a shirt like that will be an instant conversation starter.  Put your company logo on the back and sponsor the team.  How many other teams need shirts?  How many other dart players own companies of their own?  Don't miss out on a great opportunity over a few bucks. (No pun intended)
If it's so easy, you do it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »
If this was my team I would use the design from Fluid.  This is a perfect opportunity to market your business and show everyone in the bar just what you are able to do.  I'm guessing a shirt like that will be an instant conversation starter.  Put your company logo on the back and sponsor the team.  How many other teams need shirts?  How many other dart players own companies of their own?  Don't miss out on a great opportunity over a few bucks. (No pun intended)

excellent point!!!!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 10:02:23 AM »
the team should be called moose knuckles.  That's a great team name.

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 06:21:05 PM »

I like that. 

Maybe make some brass knuckles with moose heads on the end. 
Richard

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »

I like that. 

Maybe make some brass knuckles with moose heads on the end.

LOL.  And with "make my day" somewhere prominent.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 11:47:58 PM »
Damn now we got a new shirt design.   Time to DTG'em and start selling, lol
Richard

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 11:20:47 AM »
here is what the final project is going to look like this will be on the back of the shirt.  i will post pics of the actual shirt after i print it.    thanks again for all the input and fluid thank you for that cool design i like yours better but he wanted to do it.   
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 01:12:51 PM »
That came out nice.  Guess the tattoo artist can 'get er done', lol.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 07:52:37 PM »
Nice job and no worries here.  Will sell it eventually either as a design or with my clip art sales.   looking forward to seeing the finished shirt. 

Richard