Author Topic: Ulano 925 WR emulsion  (Read 6487 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Ulano 925 WR emulsion
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 11:46:53 PM »
Ok good I sensitized it today and the tan color made me nervous! lol

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 10:43:04 AM »
Probably starts when diluted, but I'd call a tech at Ulano if I were you. Those guys usually love their work and are happy to help.

I got a call from Ed in Tech at Ulano, and he said that adding water to the syrup won't start the clock running . . . only once it's added to the emulsion. He did say when splitting that it was important to weigh it out carefully as it was possible to lose some of the characteristics of the emulsion if mixed out of proportion with the diazo.
He also mentioned that the effectiveness of post exposure to harden emulsion was in direct proportion to achieving full exposure to begin with, for any emulsion. In other words, post exposure wouldn't completely make up for initial underexposure.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:47:59 AM by tpitman »
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 11:15:37 AM »
Probably starts when diluted, but I'd call a tech at Ulano if I were you. Those guys usually love their work and are happy to help.

I got a call from Ed in Tech at Ulano, and he said that adding water to the syrup won't start the clock running . . . only once it's added to the emulsion. He did say when splitting that it was important to weigh it out carefully as it was possible to lose some of the characteristics of the emulsion if mixed out of proportion with the diazo.
He also mentioned that the effectiveness of post exposure to harden emulsion was in direct proportion to achieving full exposure to begin with, for any emulsion. In other words, post exposure wouldn't completely make up for initial underexposure.

I had heard that it was not the diazo sensitized emulsions that benefited from post exposure as much as the pre-sensitized one part photoplymer variety.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?