Author Topic: Brother is releasing a game changer  (Read 8008 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Brother is releasing a game changer
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »
That, my friend, could be a nightmare!

Zero desire to deal with that shiz until they are way more consistent.  I have seen people with the brother with similar complaints.

They are simply not there yet.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 12:18:50 AM »
My good friend back in Boston has followed DTG since it's birth. He was one of if not the first person in Boston to buy the Brother 541. Last time I asked he's on head #4 with over 500k prints on it  8)

He's been following the white on darks for many years just waiting for it be good enough for him. He takes files to shows for test prints and after years of waiting, he bought the Kornit Breeze this year and loves it.

take a look if you want
http://www.facebook.com/pages/QRSTs-Your-Custom-Screenprinting-Digital-Printing-Embroidery-Place/164664618859

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline gdavsfor

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »
I have seen the GraffiTee GT-381 in action (the model with 4 white heads) at their booth and all I can say is WOW!  The garment decor supply company, Axiom America, has the GraffiTee available for preorder now, including an option to get a $500 rebate.  I went ahead and put my deposit in because I have a feeling these things are going to go on back-order within a month of release due to their quality, speed, price and the growing publicity.

See them here:
http://www.axiomamerica.com/Equipment-C23.aspx

I called them last week and they were very helpful in answering my questions.  The NEW GraffiTee will NOT use the same cartridges as the GT-541 and GT-782 for those wondering.  Axiom America says they will have video of the GraffiTee up very soon.

Oh, and to confirm from Blue Moon's post, they have indeed done away with RIP, and you can even run your prints from a thumb drive with no PC connected on this new unit.

-Greg  8)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:21:50 PM by gdavsfor »

Offline Tagless Threads

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 12:04:06 AM »
Was fortunate to see the new Brother at the ISS show. Impressed with how it prints white and color with one pass. I can see this DTG printer replacing the GT541 and GT782 models.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
twitter - facebook - flickr

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »
I know they are dropping the 541.  I would imagine they are dropping the 782 as well, but I don't know for sure.

Offline gdavsfor

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 07:52:13 AM »
I know they are dropping the 541.  I would imagine they are dropping the 782 as well, but I don't know for sure.

Yeah, both models are discontinued.  The GraffiTee is now their exclusive line of garment printers.  It uses the same white ink formula in a new cartridge, and the color inks have been reformulated, and is also in a new style cartridge.  No word yet on ink prices but new information, images, and video are going up every day.

This is where I preordered and the most definitive information source I have found:
http://www.axiomamerica.com/Brother-GraffiTee-GT-361-Direct-to-Garment-Printer-P5625.aspx

Greg D

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:39:24 AM by gdavsfor »