Computers and Software > Raster and Vector Manipulation Programs, and How to Do Stuff in Them.

bolding the center registration on photoshop

<< < (2/2)

StinkyDaddy:
I made my reg marks with registration color stroke on a layer in Illy, exported the file to PS and saved that as my working file in PS that I start my designs in. I also have the Illy file with reg marks saved for jobs I design in Illy. My reg marks are the consistent whether I'm in working Illy or PS.

Sbrem:
I print from Illustrator only; I size the files and separate in Photoshop if it's a raster file, then "place" in Illustrator with a template we made up (about 20 years ago).

Steve

im_mcguire:

--- Quote from: Sbrem on October 10, 2018, 10:14:43 AM ---I print from Illustrator only; I size the files and separate in Photoshop if it's a raster file, then "place" in Illustrator with a template we made up (about 20 years ago).

Steve

--- End quote ---

So when you place into illustrator, do you have your registration marks in the same spot if it is for a 13" tall print vs. a left chest print?

Im trying to stream line my registration mark process, but I dont want to waste a bunch of film for left chest stuff. 

Sbrem:

--- Quote from: im_mcguire on October 10, 2018, 12:06:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sbrem on October 10, 2018, 10:14:43 AM ---I print from Illustrator only; I size the files and separate in Photoshop if it's a raster file, then "place" in Illustrator with a template we made up (about 20 years ago).

Steve

--- End quote ---

So when you place into illustrator, do you have your registration marks in the same spot if it is for a 13" tall print vs. a left chest print?

Im trying to stream line my registration mark process, but I dont want to waste a bunch of film for left chest stuff.

--- End quote ---

Our template has layers for full front, left front, and sleeve/leg, each layer with it's own set of Registration colored registration marks. If it's saved as a "Template", every time you open it, it's "Untitled" so you can't overwrite it, for those that don't know that trick...

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version