screen printing > 4 Color and Simulated Process Printing

Education

<< < (2/2)

Dottonedan:
Mitch's book is a good one if not the best. It's at the least, one of the best.  He provided a good solid method to do sim process and a few other basic sep techniques or approaches to various "types" of art.

The thing about it, (coming from a guy who's never written a book or has done complete video's) He shows his one method.  I myself, have always been a wannabe writer or Tut provider. Thing is, I don't have one method that I consider (the one) so I use many and evaluate my best options. Many jobs are Frankensteined together from RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, carious color modes and special conversion settings, Copy paste from RGB or cmyk specific elements to greyscale, masking, selections, manual edits etc. It's all pixels to me. It just depends on how many shades I need in those pixels in the right place to do what I'm looking for and at the right resolution. If I ever did a complete vid, it would be both lengthy and cumbersome to follow I imagine...unless I laid it out very well before hand and that is the prob.  I need to spend my time on freelance to keep everyone in the family comfy.

Resolution is an important part of a good sep file that gets overlooked by many as an option to achieve specific things.

lancasterprinthouse:

--- Quote from: blue moon on January 27, 2019, 11:07:40 PM ---supposedly Mitch Different's book is the best one out there. I did not read it, but is what I was told. . .

pierre

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip. I did purchase the book and look forward to reading it.

--- Quote from: Dottonedan on January 29, 2019, 07:56:16 PM ---Mitch's book is a good one if not the best. It's at the least, one of the best.  He provided a good solid method to do sim process and a few other basic sep techniques or approaches to various "types" of art.

The thing about it, (coming from a guy who's never written a book or has done complete video's) He shows his one method.  I myself, have always been a wannabe writer or Tut provider. Thing is, I don't have one method that I consider (the one) so I use many and evaluate my best options. Many jobs are Frankensteined together from RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, carious color modes and special conversion settings, Copy paste from RGB or cmyk specific elements to greyscale, masking, selections, manual edits etc. It's all pixels to me. It just depends on how many shades I need in those pixels in the right place to do what I'm looking for and at the right resolution. If I ever did a complete vid, it would be both lengthy and cumbersome to follow I imagine...unless I laid it out very well before hand and that is the prob.  I need to spend my time on freelance to keep everyone in the family comfy.

Resolution is an important part of a good sep file that gets overlooked by many as an option to achieve specific things.

--- End quote ---

I appreciate the input. My goal in this is not to wear another hat, so to speak. Being a small business I already have enough to wear. Frankly you do great seps and having you do them is much easier on my schedule than finding time to do themself. Knowledge is key and gaining a better understanding of the overall process, different ways to process images and key components of good seps is really what I am after. I figure the more I know, the better I am on press even if someone else does the initial separations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version