screen printing > Show Your Stuff

MarioKart sample print

(1/3) > >>

PixelPimp:
recent sample print for Nintendo licensed product. detail and colors came out great but the underbase was very rough giving a very grainy finish.

posting the sample print and the original image on paper

Cole:
That's a badass print! If you are printing on 100% cotton, I would do a discharge underbase. That will definitely help with the roughness of the print. I started using discharge underbases for my 4 color process prints on darks and it's improved the quality so much.

PixelPimp:
thanks Cole! I did the separation using the index method and worked with the print shop to dial it in, the sample was done by hand but production will be on an automatic.

I haven't worked with discharge before. When you do discharge on black tees, do you also print a white underbase as well? (or i think i've heard of some shops using discharge additive to the underbase white but not sure if that's true)

i've asked the print shop to do a double hit on the underbase, ideally print/flash/print/flash but i'm told that's not an option as it will drastically increase production time (time is money).  I truly believe printing the underbase properly even if it slows production, is the way to go. getting a nice strong white underbase on black garments with high detail using just one screen or stroke, just doesn't seem realistic.

ffokazak:
We find a way to get a good base with one stroke, as it means half the time on the press.

I personally don't like my underboss to be 100%, I prefer it to be halftones and let the top white make the 100% white parts bright.

rusty:

--- Quote from: ffokazak on February 11, 2019, 01:22:58 PM ---We find a way to get a good base with one stroke, as it means half the time on the press.

I personally don't like my underboss to be 100%, I prefer it to be halftones and let the top white make the 100% white parts bright.

--- End quote ---

is this with discharge or plastisol? I tried this once a while back. Forget results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version