Author Topic: Make More Money Screen Printing: How to Take Orders  (Read 337 times)

Offline printavo

Make More Money Screen Printing: How to Take Orders
« on: February 06, 2019, 05:56:01 PM »
Want to make more money in your screen printing shop? Build the right client intake process.

The correct screen printing client intake process means greater print quality, more consistent production, better jobs, higher profits, and happier customers.

This in-depth guide will show you how to begin asking the right detailed, specific, and actionable questions every time you take an order for screen printing and custom merchandise. It will also arm you with examples of two forms that will help you do this in your shop: a customer profile sheet and a recommended garments form.

Part customer success, part customer education, part production management, and part sales – building your client intake process is an extremely high-value activity for any print shop.

Building a customer intake questionnaire

At Merch Monster, we ask all customers a standard set of questions each and every time they start a new project with us. This accomplishes two really important things: it helps my shop determine the scope of the project, and it helps us provide the most accurate cost estimate we can.

Our questionnaire is kept in Salesforce CRM, along with the answers captured from the customer. Completing the questionnaire is mandatory in order to get a quote.

If a customer says “I just want a general price” or “I don't want to answer all these questions,” that’s usually a red flag that they’re not a good fit for my shop.

If they're adamant, we tell them: "The price for a shirt is between $5 to $25." They have to answer all of the questions – otherwise it’s not worth our time to quote the project!

What to ask: required basic info

The first four or five questions are self-explanatory. They're required for basic record keeping. They give you the basic actionable info you’ll need to move the order forward. You want high-quality data to ensure every communication goes exactly where it should.

• First name
  • Last name
  • Phone number - Phone contact is crucial for rapid communication about production, scheduling, and any details we may need.
  • Email address - Email is required for sending payment requests and email marketing follow-ups. Quick tip: Capturing email addresses over the phone? Spell back their email address to them phonetically.
  • Company name - This is mandatory for Salesforce. But it’s also helpful for your own marketing efforts and understanding the larger context of the order.

Read the full article here: https://www.printavo.com/blog/make-more-money-screen-printing
https://www.printavo.com - Printavo, simple shop management software.