Computers and Software > Separation Programs

quick seperation studio question

<< < (2/4) > >>

screenxpress:
It's not just Ryonet.  I checked about 4 other sellers and the one being pushed (Advanced) is $489 on all. 

I did run across a Premium version for $199. 

Personally, I use Ultraseps so I don't have any actual knowledge about this product.  I just did some "surfing".

Colin:

--- Quote from: screenxpress on February 11, 2019, 02:58:30 PM ---After doing a search, to me that's kind of a pricey package.  Before purchasing anything I would investigate all available products for reviews and pricing.

It's a Photoshop Plug-in, like so many others. 

So, I suppose the next question is.....does the poster have Photoshop to start the separation process?

--- End quote ---

Sep studio is actually a stand alone product :)

Separation packages have historically never been cheap....

screenxpress:

--- Quote from: Colin on February 11, 2019, 08:25:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: screenxpress on February 11, 2019, 02:58:30 PM ---After doing a search, to me that's kind of a pricey package.  Before purchasing anything I would investigate all available products for reviews and pricing.

It's a Photoshop Plug-in, like so many others. 

So, I suppose the next question is.....does the poster have Photoshop to start the separation process?

--- End quote ---

Sep studio is actually a stand alone product :)

Separation packages have historically never been cheap....

--- End quote ---

I stand corrected, lol.  I must have run across something old on the internet.  The manual indicates at one time in the 90s it was a plug in but now is a stand alone. 

Tks

1984solar:

--- Quote from: blue moon on February 11, 2019, 02:34:24 PM ---why would you need the separation studio? In your other post you are asking some entry level questions and the other post is asking simulated process info (one of the most difficult things you could be doing).

'just curious, not trying to discourage. It would also be easier to answer the questions if we better understand how much you know. . .

pierre

--- End quote ---

The screens i burn have good halftone results so I don't see any harm in trying simulated process. Particularly excited to try it on black with a discharge underbase. Not sure how I can learn without trying it. For the other replies I got.. Im interested in sep studio because out of all the hours of video i watched of different programs being used its the one that made the most sense to me. Seems like you have to mess around with the UB and top white values a bunch but seems very user friendly. and yes i have PS been using it for years. Thanks for your answers everyone.

1984solar:
as well as a lot of troubleshooting or recreating colors on press id imagine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version