Author Topic: Does anyone have a punching bag set up?  (Read 2357 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Does anyone have a punching bag set up?
« on: December 16, 2011, 01:31:37 PM »
I'm thinking about getting one for the shop...Just to hit it when I get pissed! better than throwing something and breaking it so i regret and feel worse and also instead of breaking my knuckles on a wall or door or a ladies face.

I have a lady pissing me off.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Does anyone have a punching bag set up?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 01:34:18 PM »
get rid of her...unless it's your wife.

I just let a kid have it today.  I just couldn't take anymore of his clothing line BS.

Next year I am going to a $50 minimum order, except for web orders and my good customers.  I just can't deal with the dumb-masses anymore.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »

$50 minimum order, except for web orders and my good customers.  I just can't deal with the dumb-masses anymore.

You have to be contract to have a minimum that low. My minimum is $147.09. Retail 24 white shirts with one color print. (that is the cheapest order I will do.)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 02:03:12 PM »
we are putting in a weight room at the new shop. I have the heavy bag in my car right now actually. . .

we need details here buddy. . .what did she do.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »

I just let a kid have it today.  I just couldn't take anymore of his clothing line BS.

Next year I am going to a $50 minimum order, except for web orders and my good customers.  I just can't deal with the dumb-masses anymore.

I hear you on that! Just got rid of 2 kids on monday that were going to "make it big." I ended up losing money dealing with them, but to waste any more of my time would've just cost me more, sooo.. off they go lol.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »
I wish I had a delorean and I could go back and do a PSA about clothing lines as the leading cause of dislike from screenprinters.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 02:58:02 PM »
repeat customer needs her stuff before christmas (of course). 4 different backs but some of them on fronts...she was supposed to pick up everything today, well today she emails me the names that go on them....I really just want the order out of here. Even though I am making money on it I just don't want to do it. No reason other than that.

maybe I am burned out? haha!

well also testing me is more mylar due. A couple months ago I discussed 3 delivery and printing dates with them. First one went well. TYhis one they had to send out on december 27th. So I told them can i get the mylar to print on early december? they said yes. well it came and went. They are closed the week after christmas. So now they want it before the 25th. I'm pretty buried so I said no, I can do it for the 27th. I usually charge $1 per now, but they offered if I can get it done they will pay $1.50 per..I guess nice $$ for a couple thousand of them, but now I will be working wicked late next week!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »
i'm done being a whiney bitch... 8)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »
repeat customer needs her stuff before christmas (of course). 4 different backs but some of them on fronts...she was supposed to pick up everything today, well today she emails me the names that go on them....I really just want the order out of here. Even though I am making money on it I just don't want to do it. No reason other than that.

maybe I am burned out? haha!

well also testing me is more mylar due. A couple months ago I discussed 3 delivery and printing dates with them. First one went well. TYhis one they had to send out on december 27th. So I told them can i get the mylar to print on early december? they said yes. well it came and went. They are closed the week after christmas. So now they want it before the 25th. I'm pretty buried so I said no, I can do it for the 27th. I usually charge $1 per now, but they offered if I can get it done they will pay $1.50 per..I guess nice $$ for a couple thousand of them, but now I will be working wicked late next week!

Sounds like burnout to me... we just turned down 20K pieces for that week. We're closed, but would have come in to run it, but now they've added the other side, making it 40K impressions. That was the straw. A couple of the staff would come in for a couple of days, but not all week. Too tired to make money...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »
I'm thinking about getting one for the shop...Just to hit it when I get pissed! better than throwing something and breaking it so i regret and feel worse and also instead of breaking my knuckles on a wall or door or a ladies face.

I have a lady pissing me off.

I have a drum set for that.

As far as the lady... isn't it always? (at home too)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »
This reminded me of something that I heard about more than twenty years ago, and I was able to find this one brief reference.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-6459860.html
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 08:05:49 PM »
Steve

we just turned down a 200k print job....we figured that was 40 days worth of work for only about 5 dollars profit per hour....wtf...I would rather sit around doing nothing...but we have work that is paying way more than 5 bucks per hour.....the guy was stunned when we declined....it was contract job, but just not worth it....

sam

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 01:55:39 AM »
200,000 shirts? What was the price per shirt. I am just curious.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 01:57:28 AM »
Steve

we just turned down a 200k print job....we figured that was 40 days worth of work for only about 5 dollars profit per hour....wtf...I would rather sit around doing nothing...but we have work that is paying way more than 5 bucks per hour.....the guy was stunned when we declined....it was contract job, but just not worth it....

sam

I have a good one here. No joke. One of our huge corp clients (I mean big time) needed 50,000 blanks, they deliver, we print one color front, one color sleeve, remove inside label (that means split the seam, remove, and sew back shut), print inside size tags, fold, polybag, and then barcode each bag. Each SKU then goes into an EXACT sized box of their sizing. Deliver half way across country. All of this within 7 days and for $0.98 per blank.

Wow. I know we do their tiny jobs of a few thousand and all water based and this and that but for their big cheap plastisol stuff they just go cheap, cheap, cheap. I found out they went to China and got it for LESS (which blows my mind) but I know it took more than 7 days with shipping. More like 2 months. But this is a big time "Go America," all about morals and values and all that crap and there they go right to China. Thanks guys!