Author Topic: CCI D-White, Discharge White  (Read 17538 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
CCI D-White, Discharge White
« on: December 21, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »
I got some of this on Monday and printed up a few samples yesterday on various colors.  I'm impressed.  It's not as bright of a white as our plastisol PFP on dark garments, but it's damn close.  Not to mention it's so soft and has no hand after a wash, with 1/3 of the total effort it takes to print white plastisol on darks.  No flash needed, no second stroke after a flash, just one quick stroke and a long trip inside the dryer. 

These were printed through a 156/64 sefar, 6% activator 35 newtons, 2/2 coating with CCI WR-25 emulsion and I'm guessing here, but a 30 micron eom stencil, 70 duro double beveled blade from xenon, 30 psi, straight up angle, ONE STROKE @ 8"/sec.  I used a little bit more print pressure than I do for most of our plastisol white to make sure I encapsulate the shirt threads.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: CCI D-White, Discharge White
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 12:17:15 PM »
I noticed in some of the pics there is a reddish tint in the print but that's not on the shirts, only the bad pics.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:21:45 PM »
I to am impressed with that ink. Very easy to use can even use high mesh counts. I used a 230 mesh on it and discharged some cool looking halftones. Does not smell as bad either.

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 03:14:24 PM »
I heard cci swr-3 is a great emulsion too. Anyone use it. Would be ideal I guess along with their discharge

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »
I heard cci swr-3 is a great emulsion too. Anyone use it. Would be ideal I guess along with their discharge

The WR-25 is better. Holds better detail and is easier to reclaim. The SWR-3 is satanically hard to reclaim.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »
Alan, alittle off topic, but 2/2 coating, is that with sharp edge or rounded?

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »
Yes, we switched over to them from Matsui awhile back. Great ink, brighter, less smell, less activator, and it is cheaper as well. We still use the pigments from Matsui though. We just use the CCI Discharge White and the CCI Clear Base.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 03:57:18 PM »
Alan, alittle off topic, but 2/2 coating, is that with sharp edge or rounded?

Rounded.  I never coat anything with the sharp edge.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 04:21:53 PM »

The WR-25 is better. Holds better detail and is easier to reclaim. The SWR-3 is satanically hard to reclaim.

CCI sent me a sample of CCI Prochem HXT. I haven't had time to mess with it but they said it was a good match for Auqasol HV. I am starting to think WR-25 is what they should have sent me. Anyone know about CCI Prochem HXT and why they sent that one??? And why do they have so many products do the same thing with the same exact descriptions???
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:27:21 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 04:38:56 PM »
The WR 25 worked fine but damn did it take a long time to expose. The first one I did at 23 light units, for context a chromablue in that mesh count would have been at 7 light units, and it was extremely underexposed to where I couldn't use it and had to burn another one.  I did the next one at 30 light units and it was still underexposed but I was able to use it.  After I washed it out successfully, I post exposed it for another 30 light units so it would hold up on the press.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 04:51:18 PM »
WR-25 uses diazo, so it's not a pure photopolymer like Aquasol.

Try the ProChem TexCoat. We used to use Aquasol but switched to this stuff.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »

Yeah, I'm familiar with the dual cures and have used them a little here and there so I was basing my exposures off of what I've done in the past with other duals.  The WR 25 seems to be significantly longer than any other DC I've used though.  Does anyone have experience with many different dual cures that have noticed such a difference in exposure times between different emulsions?  Almost all of the different pure photopolymers expose really close to each other as long as the stencil is the same thickness, so all these dual cures are new to me.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »
Sorry Alan, I was replying to Gear above you. Should've quoted.

Differences between dual cure exposure times may be as simple as the ratio
of diazo to photopolymer in each.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
The WR 25 worked fine but damn did it take a long time to expose. The first one I did at 23 light units, for context a chromablue in that mesh count would have been at 7 light units, and it was extremely underexposed to where I couldn't use it and had to burn another one.  I did the next one at 30 light units and it was still underexposed but I was able to use it.  After I washed it out successfully, I post exposed it for another 30 light units so it would hold up on the press.

What cell speed do you use for the light units on your Richmond?  ..out of curiosity...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:22:38 PM by squeegee »

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »

Do like it better than Aquasol?  I've been pretty happy with HVP for the last couple of years.  Not for discharge, just plastisol/wb.