Author Topic: CCI D-White, Discharge White  (Read 17995 times)

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Re: CCI D-White, Discharge White
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »
Please say someone has luck with cci d-white with plastisol on top!  Testing their product tomorrow.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2012, 09:08:04 PM »
Please say someone has luck with cci d-white with plastisol on top!  Testing their product tomorrow.
I know Alan didn't like it but I have done a few jobs with plastisol on top. The hand could be better though. Someone said they mixed white and clear for a better hand but I have yet to try it

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2012, 09:14:27 AM »

It did not work at all.  The print cracked horribly.

I know Alan didn't like it but I have done a few jobs with plastisol on top. The hand could be better though. Someone said they mixed white and clear for a better hand but I have yet to try it

How did you get it not to crack?  I just did the D-White with a short flash then white plastisol on top.  I also did one with red union ultrasoft and those cracked as well, but it wasn't as noticeable. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2012, 10:12:30 AM »
I'm not sure Alan, I used QCM as the plastisol in a 230 on the manual. I did several wash tests and they came out fine. I have used a red and a green as well, I also flashed for about 6 seconds.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2012, 02:40:11 PM »
We've found that dryer dwell time must be longer than for discharge when there is plastisol on top.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 06:04:16 PM »
what about if you use the clear discharge, does that make a difference?
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »
what about if you use the clear discharge, does that make a difference?

That's how I've always done it. I can't see the d-white working as an under for plastisol, it's to thick and meant to be a stand alone white.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
The hand is heavy for plastisol, I am going to try 80/20 clear/white next time I put plastisol on top and see how that works.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2012, 10:52:21 PM »
I finally broke down and ordered some things to play with Discharge this week.  I ended up with a gallon of the Ryonet Discharge White, which could just actually be the CCI D-White.  The results were very impressive.  after one wash the hand is great.  I was pretty impressed with the entire process.  I would love to perfect this and get away from the P-F-P with simple white ink prints.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2012, 11:01:50 PM »
I finally broke down and ordered some things to play with Discharge this week.  I ended up with a gallon of the Ryonet Discharge White, which could just actually be the CCI D-White.  The results were very impressive.  after one wash the hand is great.  I was pretty impressed with the entire process.  I would love to perfect this and get away from the P-F-P with simple white ink prints.
that is what I have done for the most part, if your dryer can keep up I think it's a no brainer

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2012, 12:17:35 AM »
My 2 gallons plus activator were dropped off by my local CCI rep yesterday  8)
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2012, 12:32:51 AM »
Mine came today, 4 gallons of white, 4 gallons of base and 4 gallons of emulsion!

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »
Now moving up from my old 24 inch AWT dryer to the 54 inch Vastex is really going to pay off!

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
CCI D-White, Discharge White
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2013, 10:15:44 PM »
I just printed with the d white, it's bright but thicker then I thought it would be maybe. What mesh count did you guys use? I used a 110 then a 156 but think 200 would good

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
I just printed with the d white, it's bright but thicker then I thought it would be maybe. What mesh count did you guys use? I used a 110 then a 156 but think 200 would good

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com

We have found 150S to be the best compromise when doing one stroke and still getting good penetration.  A 200 would work but based on my experience it would likely require 2 strokes.  Have you washed it yet?  That will help with the hand as it will lose its chalkiness.