Embroidery > General Embroidery

Choosing ZSK, Barudan, or Tajima in Ohio. Please Help!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

BP:
Made in China

GraphicDisorder:
ZSK shouldn't be considered IMO.

There are only 2 options in embroidery IMO. Barudan or Tajima. Either will be fantastic for you. Barudan wins for me. We've got 3 of the 6 head machines and they have been work horses for us. Other than yearly tune up and one frozen baring ($30 part?) and 10 minute fix, we have had zero issues, in fact zero down time in over 5 years using them.

I wouldn't buy a single head though of any flavor. But that is a entirely other debate.

Zelko-4-EVA:
we have three ZSK (total of 13 heads) and one 8 head stretch tajima. 

our ZSK are older models - late 98s to 2002 i think.   solid machines, they work great.  we are in NH so the main tech was only hours away. never had a serious problem we werent able to fix over the phone.

recently we bought a used Tajima 1508 TFMX stretch.  from what i heard the stretch models are japanese made and the regular ones are chinese.  this wasnt what made me decide a stretch over a standard size, the stretch was available when we were looking for a used machine.

anyway...

we had an independent tech come in yesterday to work on the ZSK and at the same time the Tajima broke a beveled gear.  he was able to repair the Tajima and give the ZSK a good tune up.  i asked him which he likes for machines and he said Barudan.  hes was an operator on Tajima when they were all mechanical, single head, single needle. his tools were made in East Germany, and hes been a tech for over 20 years.  he said the Barudan sews better, and is more user friendly than others.   

mk162:
I am sort of in the same camp as Brandt here...don't make your only machine a single.  You can't bill enough on it to make enough money.  We bought one to take the overflow off the 6 head.  It works great for that.  We can leave the hat driver up for the small runs of hats we do or we can run them as 7 heads.

Seriously sit down and look at the monthly payment, the output and the hourly cost of running the machine and see if you think you'd be able to earn enough on it to make it work. A 4 head machine is about twice the cost but 4x the output...do the math.

That being said, all three choices are good.  I prefer Barudan since we had the most amount of trouble with hats on the SWF.  In 4 years of running Barudans we have only had downtime due to operator error.  That's it. 

mooseman:
Take it from an ex SWF owner who looked at ZSK hard some years ago ....buy the Baurdan default to the Tajima..... bob's your uncle.
mooseman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version