screen printing > General Screen Printing

missing shirts?

(1/6) > >>

Screened Gear:
I just did about 500 American apparel shirts for a client. I work with this client about 4 times a year. This time was with a new contact. They order 5 designs and about eight colors including hoodies. I got a call that they are missing 10 shirts some are hoodies. We count the shirts before printing and before boxing so I have the numbers that went in the box. I know they were all there. I am not mad I don.t even care about reprinting them being out the money. I just don't want it to happen again.

How wound you handle this? What do you do so clients don't just call and say they are missing shirts.

Frog:
I have this problem every now and then, and can almost be sure that their own employees, or kids, or players, etc are the culprits. I have sucked it up in the past with either a partial refund, credit, or replacement.
I rarely ship, so, though a little awkward, I suggest that the next time the same people pick up from me, they count 'em.

Chadwick:
It's annoying, isn't it.
We have a quantity on the order, which gets transferred to the production order.
( * supplied garments, contract stuff )
If we've got several hundred pieces,sizes, and such for the order, I count em after they're printed.
I find though, if I count them prior to printing, the numbers unsually don't jive.
Then I've stopped production and am playing phone-tag for awhile.
Usually, I then find out that, 'oh, yeah..we changed this or that'...
But, if I didn't call..

Did you ask them ( nicely ) to recount?
After a long run, I've come up with a couple different counts on occasion  ::) , and they may have just miscounted.

Homer:
this happens when a school picks up the order and have students count them in- little Johnny ordered a large but instead took a medium and all of a sudden the count is off. . .we include a packing list with the packers signature on it next to the item and quantity. I tell the customer I have to trust my guy so please recount. 9 out of 10 times, they were off and gladly pay for the reprint -but it's that 1 time that really drives me nuts. whos' right? i have proof that I gave you what you ordered and you are saying no. . to keep the peace, we usually suck it up anyway and just run it. . but this is an area we struggled with about 6-8 months ago. . .it's usually the customers we don't see often, or are first timers taking advantage of our good will. . .

Screened Gear:
It's for a school and they sort the shirts into a ton of small orders. So I am sure the mistake of sorting will never be found. AA shirts and about 3 hoodies about $200 after shipping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version