Artist > Stuff you've done already! - show it off

When Art's NOT Fun....

<< < (2/4) > >>

GraphicDisorder:
Your first reply generated the result you landed on. You basically told him his idea was too much work, would cost too much and you don't think he will pay you.

So he didn't.

tonypep:
Not too long ago I was commissioned to reproduce an authentic Civil War painting. Cracks and all. The customer owned the painting. The shirts were for his yacht crews for an upcoming regatta. We tried to talk him into a DTG but he would have nothing of that. Joe D was sent the painting and he scanned and gave a twelve color plus UB and a bill. All in all, the massive quantity of 25 shirts cost around $200. each. He paid without flinching. And yes, the customer was returned the painting undamaged. It is rare, but it happens.

theMadArtist:
Thanks for the suggestions! It's weird how different people react to the same words!~
I feel a need to be honest- and everyone knows how "beauty is in the eyes of the holder"- so I was letting him know WHY the cost might be higher than he expected.

I would appreciate that if the roles were reversed?

Any of you land that job?

GraphicDisorder:

--- Quote from: theMadArtist on August 12, 2019, 01:05:49 PM ---Thanks for the suggestions! It's weird how different people react to the same words!~
I feel a need to be honest- and everyone knows how "beauty is in the eyes of the holder"- so I was letting him know WHY the cost might be higher than he expected.

I would appreciate that if the roles were reversed?

Any of you land that job?

--- End quote ---

Never judge a book by the cover. My buddy walked in to a Rolls Royce dealer right off the beach sun burned, in swim trunks, tank and flip flops.  He was not helped for awhile. Finally someone asked him basically if he was lost.

He bought a 400k car all cash wire transfer. He's went on to buy dozens of cars there. He isn't asked if he's lost anymore.

theMadArtist:
-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version