Author Topic: Problems with print to pdf. Coreldraw/Illustrator  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Problems with print to pdf. Coreldraw/Illustrator
« on: November 06, 2019, 08:37:54 AM »
What is the difference between print as pdf and save as pdf?
When I print to pdf my computer jams up and I have to restart.
This happens on Corel and Illustrator.
I am saving files with color layers to send to CTS.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 08:41:55 AM by Maxie »
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Online screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Problems with print to pdf. Coreldraw/Illustrator
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 09:08:55 PM »
Taking your question
"difference between print as pdf and save as pdf"
to Google.......this was the most common reply.

There are two ways to convert a document to the PDF format: 'Save As' to save a version of the original document to a different format. ... 'Print' which intercepts the printer output from a program to make a PDF file. Instead of a paper page coming out – a PDF file is created which looks like the paper pages.

If you're pc is failing on Print to PDF, my guess is there may be something not right in a setting somewhere. 

Try this......https://cutepdf-writer.en.softonic.com/

Get the download for CutePDF from Softonic (open source) and install it.  It will be a new selection in your printer options (CutePDF) when you want to print something.  We been using this CutePDF for more years than I can remember.  It does a nice job to output a print file to a .pdf format file.  Maybe that will work for you.

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 07:56:58 AM »
I print to file not PDF when sending to CTS. Use the option to print each layer separate.
"No man is an island"

Online screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 01:14:02 PM »
I print to file not PDF when sending to CTS. Use the option to print each layer separate.

Yea, I pretty much figured he didn't really want to use the "print" to PDF option, but replied in kind.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers