Author Topic: Giving Thanks  (Read 647 times)

Offline T Shirt Farmer

Giving Thanks
« on: November 27, 2019, 09:18:13 AM »
Sometimes a small gesture over money goes farther in making and employee feel good about there job. I recently posted my dismay at receiving no thank you's for a round of healthy bonus cheeks given to entire staff. I have been building a new break room and snack center for the team, I have one gal in particular who I knew would very much appreciate the new space. She lost her mom very suddenly 3 months ago, I took the opportunity to dedicate the new space in honor of her mom at our weekly staff meeting. Tears were shed by more than one and a connection stronger than money was made. Thinking 2020 may be the year of personalized acts of kindness rather than bonus checks.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Giving Thanks
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 10:04:22 AM »
Nice!  We still do cash bonuses and such, but I've started doing things like keeping the fridge stocked with soda(I've kept it stocked with gator & powerade for years) and also chips, peanuts and other snacks.

It goes further than money I think.  Everybody really appreciates it.  It's cheaper than them going next door to the vending machine and spending $1 on a coke.

Small gestures like this really help cement a team I think.  Face it, you are around the people you work with more than your family.  You may as well enjoy them.