Author Topic: New to old computer  (Read 1584 times)

Online 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
New to old computer
« on: November 06, 2019, 12:22:00 PM »
I know xp is way out and 7 is on the way out but is it possible to set up your new computer with all your art programs and network the art over to the older computer for printing, I know I said that all wrong.  the reason is I've upgraded computers before and had fits getting my rip programs to work with my printers, I still have an old 3000 that prints perfect along side of the 1430 and I use both the 3000 which some of you know prints up to a 17x22
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: New to old computer
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 12:44:44 PM »
win 10 should see the old xp but not the other way.
Save file then move it over to xp or maybe be able print to it form win 10 to xp.

Shane

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 01:34:49 PM »
If you're sending new art files to the old computer, if that computer is not running the same version of your graphics software, make sure that the files are saved down to whatever version of the graphic software is installed.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 02:06:16 PM »
This sounds about what I was thinking of, we've upgraded computers before and had to change printers, software etc and that was a pain in the booty.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 03:24:14 PM »
get a new computer and try to configure everything. If you can get it going you are golden. If there are issues use the old computer until you sort it out. Going away from obsolete operating systems makes sense. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 08:08:44 PM »
get a new computer and try to configure everything. If you can get it going you are golden. If there are issues use the old computer until you sort it out. Going away from obsolete operating systems makes sense. . .

pierre
Always the best approach when upgrading.  I always start from a new Case, MB, HD, etc, etc.  Can always use the old pc when needed.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers