Author Topic: PDF Fusion...Any users out there?  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
PDF Fusion...Any users out there?
« on: November 14, 2019, 10:40:59 AM »
Anyone use Corel's PDF Fusion, perhaps to help in DRAW?
I use CorelDRAW X6. and often with pdf's or ai files, I need the help of a colleague who "places" the files in Illy, and then sends me a pdf which works fine in my CorelDRAW X6.
Will this program aid me in doing that myself?
I should probably just download the trial, and answer the quesion myself.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Doug B

• !!!
Re: PDF Fusion...Any users out there?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 02:01:47 PM »
  I have never had a problem with .pdf. I have X7 now but until just recently I had X6. Our "art department" used MACs and Illy to do everything. They send me an .ai and a .pdf of every piece of film I have to produce. Even though I have Illy, I ALWAYS use Corel since I have from version 2 and all I have ever had to do is not open but IMPORT the .pdf files. Maybe once a year I get a file that I will have to mess with in Illy but all seem to import just fine.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 02:17:48 PM »
  I have never had a problem with .pdf. I have X7 now but until just recently I had X6. Our "art department" used MACs and Illy to do everything. They send me an .ai and a .pdf of every piece of film I have to produce. Even though I have Illy, I ALWAYS use Corel since I have from version 2 and all I have ever had to do is not open but IMPORT the .pdf files. Maybe once a year I get a file that I will have to mess with in Illy but all seem to import just fine.

I think that the key here is that your files are created by your art department, while my problem children are from clients who don't even understand about converting text to outlines. That's where "placing" inh Illy really comes into play.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 02:27:40 PM »
  I see your point. Sometimes they forget to convert too and I have to "place" in Illy.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 04:00:11 PM »
Of late, we've been getting pdf that won't let us convert; we'll "place" then usually embed, then flatten transparency to convert the text over. But I've had a few lately, that give me trouble in Illy, CC2019, so I open them with Preview (Mac's native pdf program) and convert those pdf's in pdf again (?) and then "place" in Illy and it works. It's always something.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't