Author Topic: What we are getting for Christmas  (Read 9091 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: What we are getting for Christmas
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2020, 04:38:29 PM »
Jumping in here as I saw a few posts(didn't read everything) that I wanted to add my 2 cents to. For whatever that's worth LOL...... It's such a huge bummer that these discussions always end up resembling press wars/personal attacks instead of real discussions that can help move the industry forward. Most people know me for helping the roq team out but the reality is I believe in a lot of the products and machines that other companies are building/selling. If I had my way I would take a lot of stuff from all of them to build what I think would be the ideal machine but the reality that I've seen is between mhm, roq, and m&r if you really focus on dialing in the foundation they give you then they will all be quite similar in terms of production. Our roq presses have ran, ran and ran without issues(one press is way north of 3 million prints) so we couldn't be more thrilled with them at this point but every shop will have varied levels of success depending on what they put into it. I spent a ton of time making our process what it is and feel I could do the same with mhm or m&r if I was given that opportunity but really I just wanted to jump in here and break the ice that I really wished people weren't looking for that green vs blue vs bluer as it really doesn't help our industry. If what Bryce and these guys at 40mm are doing with mhm is super successful I'm really glad they are sharing it as its only going to make the other guys come up with a better solution. Jon Potter has extended his hand to me on a few occasions now and I can confidently say I've gained a lot of respect for Jon and mhm as a brand over the last several months. I can only hope roq, mhm, m&r and whoever can put the press wars aside and realize the competition within the industry is healthy and there's a correct way about going about all the press discussions. So with all that said, please keep sharing your progress, what advantages and disadvantages your experiencing as imo its valuable information everyone can look into but everyone really should check their press war bullshit at the front door because it does nothing. Hell give me a brown or some off brand press and within a few months I bet I can make the bitch sing LOL......... but really guys, lets move the industry forward..... at the end of the day our clients are what matter and we should be using whatever technology can best service them...... that might be green, blue, bluer, pink, red, who fu*&kin cares anymore

8)

BEST POST OF THE DAY award goes to.....Danny G.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2020, 04:50:53 PM »
hahaha, to be honest guys give brown a lot of crap but that firefly dryer they have is super super super impressive....... like one of the best things the industry has seen in a long time but it's hard to gain traction with their reputation...... but if they put some of that technology into their presses who knows it could probably be a game changer lol......... might be time to hit up the guys from brown and see if they want to re energize their brand.... I got ideas lol Like dirk said give me a screen door, some mud, and I'll make you a Mona Lisa.... haha not really but give me that brown press and I bet I'll make that thing badass

edit** sorry for my part in de railing the thread........ I'll bring it back up and say thanks 40mm for sharing your experience and keeping everyone updated.... I enjoy seeing the progress from both the manf and each print shop

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2020, 09:26:30 AM »
hahaha, to be honest guys give brown a lot of crap but that firefly dryer they have is super super super impressive....... like one of the best things the industry has seen in a long time but it's hard to gain traction with their reputation...... but if they put some of that technology into their presses who knows it could probably be a game changer lol......... might be time to hit up the guys from brown and see if they want to re energize their brand.... I got ideas lol Like dirk said give me a screen door, some mud, and I'll make you a Mona Lisa.... haha not really but give me that brown press and I bet I'll make that thing badass

edit** sorry for my part in de railing the thread........ I'll bring it back up and say thanks 40mm for sharing your experience and keeping everyone updated.... I enjoy seeing the progress from both the manf and each print shop

your forgot (2X4)!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2020, 03:20:36 PM »
This thread started out with useful information.
It devolved into a pissing match.
It's not so easy to split the two directions here, so I took the easier way out, and deleted the last few posts and locked the remalning thread.
No telling if more surgery will be performed.
As pointed out, this ain't the forum for venomous negativity and yelling back and forth. Save that for Washington!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?