Author Topic: What we are getting for Christmas  (Read 9105 times)

Offline Logowear

• Verified/Junior
Re: What we are getting for Christmas
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 10:05:02 AM »
Install on the smaller press started yesterday. We are pretty impressed with the build quality. Those print heads are a lot heavier than they look... very stout compared to our ROQ's. We also purchased 425 screens with welded on cups.

Looks Great! Who built the screens for you? What ratio of mesh count did you get?
Specialty Stitches

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 05:52:16 AM »
We got the frames from GFS. I don't have the breakdown with me but 123, 150, 180, 225, 280, 305

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 06:40:46 AM »
So why did you switch?
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 02:56:42 PM »
I love my S Type, it’s so well built and easy to operate.     I like those welded caps, I have the plastic or whatever they are caps that we screw on.     I am replacing a lot of them, after a few years them get worn and I’m trying to get my CTS to register.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 09:35:15 PM »
I love my S Type, it’s so well built and easy to operate.     I like those welded caps, I have the plastic or whatever they are caps that we screw on.     I am replacing a lot of them, after a few years them get worn and I’m trying to get my CTS to register.

Maxie are you getting perfect lock and print registration with your mhm+douthitt combo?
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2020, 01:29:18 AM »
No, I haven't had time to set it up.
I'm changing all my old pins.
I'll do it after LB.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2020, 06:45:26 AM »
It's been a real challenge tearing down 2 presses, crating 2 presses, uncrating 2 press and installing 2 presses, all at the same time. We are all set for training with Tony Palmer next week.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2020, 12:23:27 PM »
It's been a real challenge tearing down 2 presses, crating 2 presses, uncrating 2 press and installing 2 presses, all at the same time. We are all set for training with Tony Palmer next week.

ughhhh i'm getting ready to do the same thing, (tearing presses down for new presses), and not looking forward to it.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 09:10:05 PM »

ughhhh i'm getting ready to do the same thing, (tearing presses down for new presses), and not looking forward to it.

do tell! what are you getting? and why?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2020, 11:32:46 AM »

do tell! what are you getting? and why?

pierre

I'll post pics soon enough!!!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 07:06:50 AM »
We had the pleasure of having Tony Palmer in the shop for the last 2 days for training. We had hoped to have him for a few more days but with the LB show this weekend it just didn't work out. He is coming back in mid February for a follow up. We spent a few days with Tony when we visited at SPSI last year and we quickly learned that he is know his sh!t inside and out. If you are purchasing a new MHM we highly recommend that a visit from Tony after install be part of the deal you make. If you have MHM and can't get things dialed in for some reason, hire him to come in and straighten things out. Dudes a wizard. He is a printer, not a salesman. He knows your language.
One of our focuses had been set up times. Our lead press ops helped Tony zero the heads to the CTS giving them a greater insight as how the system works and to get familiar with the micros. The initial zero isn't perfect and finding true zero for each head will take some time, but based on what we have seen so far, we do think we'll get there with in a month or two. While we don't expect that we wont ever have to touch a micro again we do think it will be rare. Time will tell. Our first couple of multi-color jobs were near dead on, which I personally didn't expect.

The micros: Pure butter. If you have never used their micros be sure to do it if you can. They are so smooth with zero resistance. Again, pure butter.
Our experience with SPSI and MHM so far have been outstanding and unless something drastically changes with their internal structure we doubt that will change.
It's WAY to early to render a final judgement but we are off to an amazing start.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2020, 10:02:31 AM »
We had the pleasure of having Tony Palmer in the shop for the last 2 days for training. We had hoped to have him for a few more days but with the LB show this weekend it just didn't work out. He is coming back in mid February for a follow up. We spent a few days with Tony when we visited at SPSI last year and we quickly learned that he is know his sh!t inside and out. If you are purchasing a new MHM we highly recommend that a visit from Tony after install be part of the deal you make. If you have MHM and can't get things dialed in for some reason, hire him to come in and straighten things out. Dudes a wizard. He is a printer, not a salesman. He knows your language.
One of our focuses had been set up times. Our lead press ops helped Tony zero the heads to the CTS giving them a greater insight as how the system works and to get familiar with the micros. The initial zero isn't perfect and finding true zero for each head will take some time, but based on what we have seen so far, we do think we'll get there with in a month or two. While we don't expect that we wont ever have to touch a micro again we do think it will be rare. Time will tell. Our first couple of multi-color jobs were near dead on, which I personally didn't expect.

The micros: Pure butter. If you have never used their micros be sure to do it if you can. They are so smooth with zero resistance. Again, pure butter.
Our experience with SPSI and MHM so far have been outstanding and unless something drastically changes with their internal structure we doubt that will change.
It's WAY to early to render a final judgement but we are off to an amazing start.

that sounds promising! Good luck with your new presses, keep us posted!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2020, 11:25:49 AM »
The first few days of printing went slow but with good results. They definitely print differently that the ROQ and M&R so it's going to take some time to adjust.

We stated with some small 3-4 color jobs. The first required a few small micros. The next 2 jobs when in the same heads and we didn't have to tough a micro. They were dead nuts on. That's pretty impressive and we are hoping that holds true for the future. We have a bunch of simprocess stuff coming up next week and we're hoping to get most of the heads to true zero.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2020, 01:04:30 PM »
For those interested.... We are getting real close to zero micro.  We just set up 8 screens on the 14 color press, hit sample and only had to micro one of them, which happened to be one that we haven't printed with yet. On the 10 color press we haven't touched a micro in 5 days.... mostly 3-5 color jobs. We are almost there!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2020, 07:52:52 AM »
That's awesome! Hoping Brett will post some info on his X-Type when he gets in dialed in as well. That press is more in my wheel house for my budget. Everyone at SPSI has been super helpful and responsive with my questions. Such a difference from Hirsch.