Author Topic: What we are getting for Christmas  (Read 9099 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What we are getting for Christmas
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2020, 09:09:43 AM »
I've seen a large number of shops bail on the Roq machines....what's the dilly? nobody is saying a word on WHY...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2020, 09:18:31 AM »
I've seen a large number of shops bail on the Roq machines....what's the dilly? nobody is saying a word on WHY...

Noticed several now myself. Seems big hush hush.

MHM doing well is great and I support that. I told them 11 years ago id never even blink in their direction because of Hirsch. I think they will do infinitely better as a result of getting away from them.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Croft

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2020, 09:43:45 AM »

MHM doing well is great and I support that. I told them 11 years ago id never even blink in their direction because of Hirsch. I think they will do infinitely better as a result of getting away from them.
I also have been thinking the same thing, there can't be a large qty. out there , and I see a lot of used coming up for sale.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2020, 09:50:31 AM »
This is totally speculation, I don't have any confirmed information to back this up; but to my understanding(as of 2 weeks ago) there have only 2 shops that switched. The others have sold off screen printing/gone out of business/got in over their heads.

Not really surprising though considering when they had the "rent" a machine option. Someone could hop into a automatic for so cheap with pretty much no downside if they failed 4 or 8 months down the line....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Biverson

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2020, 09:51:00 AM »
That's awesome! Hoping Brett will post some info on his X-Type when he gets in dialed in as well. That press is more in my wheel house for my budget. Everyone at SPSI has been super helpful and responsive with my questions. Such a difference from Hirsch.

I can definitely post my experience so far and have been planning on doing so. Just not sure if I want to "hi-jack" this thread or create a new one.
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2020, 10:31:33 AM »

I'd like my next press to be either MHM or Roq and the only thing I can really say is that the folks at SPSI are way more responsive. While I do like Ryonet, they seem to be going through some growing pains keeping tabs on the demand for the Roq machines. That's my own speculation but who knows.

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2020, 10:41:43 AM »
Reece Supply https://www.reecesupply.com/ has now become a distributor of the ROQ. I thought that was interesting.

Offline lancasterprinthouse

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2020, 10:50:52 AM »
Reece Supply https://www.reecesupply.com/ has now become a distributor of the ROQ. I thought that was interesting.

So has Vastex and Advanced Screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2020, 12:11:53 PM »
I believe they're just partnering with Ryonet. I've contacted Vastex directly and they just forwarded me to a Ryonet rep.

Offline lancasterprinthouse

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2020, 12:14:24 PM »
I believe they're just partnering with Ryonet. I've contacted Vastex directly and they just forwarded me to a Ryonet rep.

Ah ok.

I just watched the video on insta. That’s a nice print for 0 micros. Living the dream..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2020, 12:30:09 PM »
Tubelite is selling ROQs now too.

I am not aware of anyone else making the switch from ROQ to MHM but that doesn't that there aren't any. We have fielded a number of calls and messages from ROQ owners who have had similar experiences as ours with Ryonet and ROQ. As they consider upgrading to larger presses that are having reservations, as we did. We have also talked to a lot of people about what new press they should buy. We would never say don't buy a ROQ. Decisions like these should be researched.

We are on the verge of near zero micros. We just ran a job this morning. Imaged on the Douthitt CTS, 6 screens, ZERO micros. We have done a bunch of multi-colors jobs with out touching a micro. This combo is impressive if you take the time to dial everything in.

A short video on the install I just finished.
https://youtu.be/oKuBwMuedfk

Offline Jepaul

• www.youngonecorporation.com
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2020, 09:34:33 AM »

Obviously 40mm here with 2 autos but can you provide a list of the large shops you are referring to?   Or any other shops that have traded in ROQs?   For those of us not in the know it would be nice to have know who you are talking about.

Offline Jepaul

• www.youngonecorporation.com
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2020, 09:36:49 AM »

I also have been thinking the same thing, there can't be a large qty. out there , and I see a lot of used coming up for sale.

Can you send links to al these used machines?   I did a search on digismith and found 1 You machine posted since September.   Is there another place to look?

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2020, 07:37:47 AM »
JEPAUL just follow digitsmith.  I too have seen more than normal go through that site in the last few months.  Something is up or people wouldn't be jumping ship.

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2020, 12:10:13 PM »
JEPAUL just follow digitsmith.  I too have seen more than normal go through that site in the last few months.  Something is up or people wouldn't be jumping ship.

most of the ones on digitsmith are from shops going out of business, or closing their screen printing facility.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285