Author Topic: Repair Kit?  (Read 824 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Repair Kit?
« on: December 16, 2019, 12:03:47 PM »
Does any press manufacturer have spare part kits they send out with new press's?  over the holidays I've got a little maintenance work to do on our press, air leaks mostly, and it would be nice to buy a kit that's has an assortment of parts, I know the big ticket items won't be in there, air lines, push to connect pneumatic fittings, etc.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline BP

Re: Repair Kit?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 12:35:32 PM »
what press do you have? What I did was made a list of some parts I know go out and keep them parts on hand.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 01:12:55 PM »
Roq does and it's pretty well stocked, up to and including touch up paint and the HMI/PLC program.
They also include full electric and pneumatic diagrams for every piece of machinery. I think
that speaks volumes.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 02:04:11 PM »
have you tried Anatol yet, Darryl? I would think they would at least have parts list, and push/pull connectors are common enough that Grainger, McMaster/Carr etc. can help.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 04:40:33 PM »
Anatol uses 6mm and 4mm tubing for the most part, there is some 10mm but usually not an issue. Fittings for the 6mm are usually 1/8" or 1/4" pipe. The 4mm is usually little barb fittings that are 10-24. I recommend switching to nylon tubing, more forgiving and will outlast the press as opposed to the vinyl crap. All use a different color so you can tell what has been changed. There are lots of places to get it but Mc Master Carr will have it all in stock and usually next day.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 06:42:00 PM »
When we got our ECO way back in the day we basically got 1 extra of everything. My guess is because back when we got it no one else had one here so they felt they needed to? We haven't needed a single item out of it, but I'm sure if they didn't send it we would of needed something!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 10:44:44 AM »
We have a company in town that sells pneumatic parts, but just not some of the stuff I need, @ Binkspot yep I bought some new airlines and got the nylon, print heads were blowing out like crazy, so I just took a weekend and replace every line on each head.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 11:34:29 AM »
We have a company in town that sells pneumatic parts, but just not some of the stuff I need, @ Binkspot yep I bought some new airlines and got the nylon, print heads were blowing out like crazy, so I just took a weekend and replace every line on each head.

When we had our red machine, we had a local place that was awesome!!! I could roll in there and they pulled any part out I needed and would cut(not like it was hard but still nice) air  lines to exact lengths I needed. They were a life saver in more than 1 instance. We have a Grainger 5min away but they sold so many things that sometimes they were not as helpful. If you have a local place that has a bunch of the stuff that is invaluable!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com