Author Topic: SOP  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
SOP
« on: January 01, 2022, 03:43:12 AM »
Bruce, Printavo has a great Podcast out called Production Managers Do's and Don't, a really good podcast.
Does anyone have SOP's they would be prepared to share?
Time for me to start using them and I'd it like to see the format. detail other people are using.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: SOP
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 10:23:53 AM »
Not really what you are looking for but will share a story.
I had a customer who is the owner of a very large  high tech business.  Part of his unofficial SOP was  " the person writing the checks makes all the rules"
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 11:42:46 AM »
I had a customer who is the owner of a very large  high tech business.  Part of his unofficial SOP was  " the person writing the checks makes all the rules"
mooseman

Bet the "moral" in that company is the "shits"....

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 01:58:20 PM »
My approach has always evolved around the importance of understanding the interdependant variables within a given facility (who knew? They differ!). IE a positive change in one direction may sometimes cause a negative in another. Also one given but often overlooked variable in many shops is smart staging philosophy. Control vs Chaos or perhaps an acceptable blend of the two. Having everything in place at just the right time may sometimes seem like an out of the reach goal for some however I believe it to be a common sense approach. Flexibility and reactive timing also critical to most. Also critical to many is the full comprehension of the dynamics of change in the work force. Finally, but perhaps not lastly, the ability to objectively understand all of the constraints and exploit them in a positive manner. No matter what, we will always have them. Ask, listen, and observe. Knee jerk, reactive decisions without taking time to fully incorporate the big picture has rarely worked for me. Broad strokes to be sure but that has been my foundation.
Did anyone besides Barth (aka Bimridder) pick up on my "Get Smart" reference?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 11:09:19 AM »
mooseman

Actually no .....the guy is extremely successful and I guarantee the kind of guy and operation you would jump to work for.

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 03:52:40 PM »
mooseman

Should that be "morale"?  Asking for a friend.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 11:01:37 PM »
mooseman

Should that be "morale"?  Asking for a friend.

I get the 2 spellings confused.....

Offline jwcarder

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 06:11:40 PM »
I have looked for something similar on the boards for a while, but hadn't found what I was looking for. I am starting to work on SOP's to start the new year. I have attached a copy of a first draft of a format I have in mind. Hopefully this will help point you in the right direction. If anyone has any pointers on what they have included on theirs I would love to hear it too.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 11:56:24 AM »
We recently started using teams here & there is a plugin called Visio that creates flow charts. Im not a microsoft guy at all, but teams has been great once we were able to get it configured & working how we wanted. My original goal was for us to make a flow chart to track the life of an order, but once started it kind of morphed a bit.

This is the current iteration, not complete and there are probably many deficiencies.

Not the ideal flow, I just wanted us to map what we currently do so we can id problems and hopefully correct.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 12:04:51 PM by Atownsend »

Offline jwcarder

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 06:07:30 PM »
I really like the flow chart setup! I feel like that is easier to follow than my outline format. Do you post them anywhere at your shop, or just make sure each employee has a copy? Mine end up in binders and don’t get referred back to as often as I would like.