Author Topic: express screen  (Read 4084 times)

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
express screen
« on: January 07, 2020, 05:39:16 PM »
I saw this at ASI orlando. It is pretty cool. It took less time to make/burn/start printing than the first video. The quality of the print was pretty great too. I am going to look into this for sure.
https://xpresscreen.com/video/
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: express screen
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 10:33:21 PM »
Interesting......

Sometime ago I was thinking that some kind of inkjet printer could print right on a screen with an ink that dried hard....There would be no ink in the image area.....

This system is printing the screen using heat.....

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 12:46:34 PM »
Not sure how much heat it takes to make the screen, but I guess my concern would be heat off the boards breaking down the screen. Just curious, who's printing 30" designs?
Tees and Coffee

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 01:01:18 PM »
Just curious, who's printing 30" designs?

There are more things in Heaven and earth (than T-shirts), Horatio.
Certainly not for everyone, but, for instance, I started by printing yardage.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline BP

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 02:06:06 PM »
Back in the day I know there was some kind of printer that printed a wax like paper that you would then stick to the screen. You could run 12-15 shirt before break down. But the
guy that was running this system loved it and used it for years.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 02:21:11 PM »
I saw one of these in Atlanta many years ago and it was small which I told the guy it was just to small for us and then tossing away the mesh.  Looks like they have got the size better but still tossing mesh, so is that cheaper than reusing frame's and emulsion?, for a beginner that is a deal to be made and maybe doing one and two shirt jobs.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 08:59:03 PM »
that screen has no tension what so ever and good luck registering a multicolor jobs. . .
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 09:12:01 PM »
No reason to ride a horse if you have a car.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 08:25:06 AM »
No reason to ride a horse if you have a car.

wait! I thought you were supposed to save the horse and ride the cowboy/cowgirl?

pj
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 10:08:27 AM »
I don't think quality work can be done with that, at least not my idea of quality work.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 10:11:28 AM »
I had a friend that did nametags or something like that on it. Worked great for that.  I finally talked him into direct emulsion and better screens for shirts and it worked out much better.

Now he's selling everything because it's easier to farm it out.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 10:32:19 AM »
You guys remember the old Youdo crazy or whatever that thing was LOL, but this reminds me of an advanced version, like P said no tension, but I don't see them throwing these screens on a auto just yet?  I can see this as an easy way for newbies to get into the biz and move up from it once they learn the in and outs.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 03:53:12 PM »
I don't think quality work can be done with that, at least not my idea of quality work.

Steve
  But most of the customers I have sold to in the 40+ years I have been in the promotional products business would be hard pressed to tell the difference between average quality and top quality....

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 08:39:58 PM »
The screen I saw at the show was easily as tight or better than most of the statics that see. They have a bolt like tensioning feature. I am sure like anything there is room for improvement. I sure was fast as hell and the detail looked pretty damn good. The consumables still seem too high to me. They claim about $6.50 per screen. I have not done the math. I am sure lots of people laughed at thirst LED exposure, DTG and CTS. I guess it is safe to assume no one on this board owns/uses/tested this system? I am really curious on how it holds up over time.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 08:54:39 AM »
What I would hate the most would be the orders of over a 1000 pcs.  Can you imagine having to stop to remake the screens or having to make 2 to 3 sets maybe more to complete higher volume orders?   What about the eom of the pre-emulsioned fabric.  I wonder if it's high enough to print a decent underbase or have a print flash print white standalone look good?

I'm like balloon guy though.  The quality didn't look that bad to me. 

It's not a job if you love doing it.