Author Topic: FedEx starts 7 days Ground this weekend  (Read 470 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
FedEx starts 7 days Ground this weekend
« on: January 22, 2020, 09:14:03 PM »
While I could care less between UPS and FedEx since they both owe me 10 to 15K from lost shipments that I will never get back (get private shipping insurance, theirs does not cover anything over 5K) at least FedEx is now delivering Ground 7 days a week and no Amazon at all for them. Which frees them up for small business like you and us. Just to inform the other shippers on here Amazon is flooding UPS and FedEx is picking up where UPS is dropping everything to make Jeff B happy.

Offline KevWilso

Re: FedEx starts 7 days Ground this weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 01:00:14 AM »
Fedex has had the 7 day delivery running here in the Texas market for a couple months now.  I agree!! it’s pretty awesome for the customers and small business.  I have been very interested to watch how fedex’s focus on everyone but amazon pans out.  I think it was a very smart move since amazon plans to handle all of it’s logistics in the end anyways, but time will tell. Ups did manage to keep up this Christmas season which was the first I can remember.
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 06:11:40 AM »
I always try to get my shipments from FedEx. My UPS driver is the most worthless human I've ever encountered. Shows up to our building way after 6PM most nights when everyone is already gone then leaves our boxes at a different building that is open and calls them delivered. Meanwhile my FedEX ground guy is at our place by 9am every morning. It's amazing what unions do to protect their employees. The amount of complaints I've reported on this guy over the last decade is absurd.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 07:03:31 AM »
I would think generally speaking FedEx going 7 days would be a nothing burger for most people. Most of my customers would be closed on the weekend or certainly on Sunday. So nobody there to receive a shipment.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 09:30:53 AM »
Crap, I thought this was going to be an Anti Scamazon thread. I'm out    ;D
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline KevinD

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 10:09:12 AM »
I switched to FEDEX a year ago.  My concern was each driver is an independent contractor. How would this effect the overall quality of service if you have to deal with different contracted drivers when shipping to different areas.  But service has been very good and aside from the occasional damage you can get with any package being tossed and handle by multiple people, i have not seen any regional issues with drivers.  This Saturday and Sunday delivery only applies to residential locations, not commercial.  I believe.
Kevin Dumont/General Manager/GM Graphics
Office 231-652.2210 ext 218 Cell  616-322-5925
kdumont@gmcompanies.com www.gmgraphicssupply.com
Facebook/Instragram/Linkedin/Youtube  "GM Graphics"