Author Topic: Epson 4800  (Read 4883 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Re: Epson 4800
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2020, 06:53:36 AM »
I am out of town for a few days but will try all suggestions when I get back and give a report. Thanks to all

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 02:54:41 PM »
Back at it, did the u/plug and re-plug still same thing. Think I may attempt to remove print head and clean. I've seen a couple of videos of them removing and cleaning and I think I can tackle that job. If anyone can think of anything else to try please let me know. Thanks

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Epson 4800
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 09:22:25 PM »
Back at it, did the u/plug and re-plug still same thing. Think I may attempt to remove print head and clean. I've seen a couple of videos of them removing and cleaning and I think I can tackle that job. If anyone can think of anything else to try please let me know. Thanks

When you’ve got the head out make sure you check the dampers. There will be some videos on YouTube showing where they are. If you’re flushing the head then it happens through the dampers so it’s a good time to check. They can get a little stuck.

Like I mentioned in PM and like someone said here, the air vents can be a problem.
And air in the cart is an issue too, I have an AccuInk cart that ran out of ink and it felt ‘early’ to me so I weighed it. Definitely a problem with the cart because there’s tons of ink in it. So test with a new cartridge if you can.

And yes agreed with above these things are workhorses so don’t give up just yet. Might take some patience. I don’t wanna say too much and jinx mine but it’s lived a full life already that’s for sure. But on the other hand the headaches have taught way more about inkjet printers than I ever wanted to so it might be a gift AND a curse. I see old wide formats on classified and think “I could get that running...”

Oh and one more thing. I get all my parts from https://www.sign-in-china.com
Pretty sure I found the link here so thanks again TSB.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:26:08 PM by CBCB »

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2020, 05:15:54 PM »

When you’ve got the head out make sure you check the dampers. There will be some videos on YouTube showing where they are. If you’re flushing the head then it happens through the dampers so it’s a good time to check. They can get a little stuck.

Like I mentioned in PM and like someone said here, the air vents can be a problem.
And air in the cart is an issue too, I have an AccuInk cart that ran out of ink and it felt ‘early’ to me so I weighed it. Definitely a problem with the cart because there’s tons of ink in it. So test with a new cartridge if you can.

And yes agreed with above these things are workhorses so don’t give up just yet. Might take some patience. I don’t wanna say too much and jinx mine but it’s lived a full life already that’s for sure. But on the other hand the headaches have taught way more about inkjet printers than I ever wanted to so it might be a gift AND a curse. I see old wide formats on classified and think “I could get that running...”

Oh and one more thing. I get all my parts from https://www.sign-in-china.com
Pretty sure I found the link here so thanks again TSB.
CB, I have recently changed ink but it has been in use for over 2 months. Not wanting to say its the ink but after cleaning and run same print the missing area is always the same. I may try to find another of the ACCUink Chromaline ink., hate to spend $100 bucks for nothing. Its just strange to me that its in the same spot every time, it starts dark and then skips and starts banding. I still have ole 3000 to back up but sure do like the 4800. Thanks again

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2020, 06:24:32 PM »
Exact same area of print fading out would imply something digital. I know you un/plugged cable,
but have you tried a different one?

Similar area of print would mean something like losing prime to the heads, sucking air somewhere.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 07:45:51 PM »
I have not tried the cable but will do that tomorrow. I’m grasping at all straws☹️ I’m really wondering if it’s my head plugged, someone had told me that these printers have a battery in them and when it dies the head will malfunction. I’ve never heard that before. Would really like to find someone who works on them and I could pick their brain. Thanks

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 08:18:14 PM »
I have not tried the cable but will do that tomorrow. I’m grasping at all straws☹️ I’m really wondering if it’s my head plugged, someone had told me that these printers have a battery in them and when it dies the head will malfunction. I’ve never heard that before. Would really like to find someone who works on them and I could pick their brain. Thanks

I’ve never heard of the battery issue but I’ve had my day ruined by a bad cable too. Worth a shot for sure.

Agreed with above something is either messing with the pump action (clogged damper, clogged line, plugged cartridge) or it’s a digital issue with file transfer.

Because if the head was clogged it’d be clogged. It wouldn’t print a bit then stop the same way every time I don’t think.

Best of luck to ya. I think you’re getting really close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »
I sure hope so CB, this will cause serious ulcers. Hoping someone will chime in on an Epson expert. I am changing cable this afternoon to see. Thanks again for all the input and prayers :). Got to love our business..

Offline aauusa

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2020, 10:57:34 AM »
this may be a long shot as I do not have a 4800 but I do have a f7070 Epson and we had an issue which looks very similar to what you are seeing.  starts printing fine and then will get the banding like your image.  we had everything replaced (pump, tanks, head, and several other things as well 6K worth of parts)    in the end it turned out that the head height(offset) needed to be adjusted to a higher setting.  this allowed just a little more room between the head and paper and everything worked perfect.  not sure why this happened as nothing changed before this started.

so look to see if there is a setting to control the printhead height(offset) on this model.

but again it may not be available on the 4800.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2020, 11:15:51 AM »
Just got off the phone with Compas micro (Epson Repair shop) and his quote was if the nozzle check is not correct its the nozzles stopped up. He suggested finding a cleaning solution for the black cartridge ( since black will only plug into black port) and run cleaning program several times or find someone that offers black ink that will plug into the Cyan or other colors and don't worry about the black. So it's off on another goose hunt.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2020, 11:59:57 AM »
Are you running any other colors at all? you can burn head up. I do have a set of refillable with cleaning and ink I will sell.
I have a t3270 now.
Shane

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2020, 12:13:05 PM »
get chips that you can reset. use your black ink cartridge, put it in a cyan (or which ever you like) slot with a cyan chip and tell the RIP to use cyan for printing.
should solve your issues. . .
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2020, 05:04:31 PM »
get chips that you can reset. use your black ink cartridge, put it in a cyan (or which ever you like) slot with a cyan chip and tell the RIP to use cyan for printing.
pierre
I do have reset chips and blank cartridges but you cannot just change black to the Cyan slot due to the grooves in the bottom only lets the cyan fit in that slot :( Done tried that.
CB I am running cleaning soulutions in all my other cartridges to keep head from burning up. I got an email from Conde systems today and am waiting on phone call from him. I know they are experts on the epson so I am anxious to hear what he says. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the input I really do appreciate it.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2020, 12:00:35 PM »
Does anyone use T-Rip as there rip program? I am trying to use my cyan as my black. Got blank cartridge for black and filled Cyan with black ink. Now I have to make printer use Cyan for black. I contacted Scott F. and he sent instructions for 1430. Did 2 power cleans and have black ink in waste tank so the black is in the line just not going through print head. I am getting liquid marks on print instead of ink. Thanks

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2020, 04:51:29 PM »
pierre
I do have reset chips and blank cartridges but you cannot just change black to the Cyan slot due to the grooves in the bottom only lets the cyan fit in that slot :( Done tried that.
CB I am running cleaning soulutions in all my other cartridges to keep head from burning up. I got an email from Conde systems today and am waiting on phone call from him. I know they are experts on the epson so I am anxious to hear what he says. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the input I really do appreciate it.

you can pull the guide pieces off and the have universal cartridges. If for some reason that is not the case, open a cyan and transfer the bag with ink into it.
easy peasy!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!