Author Topic: Coronavirus - effects on business  (Read 22957 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Coronavirus - effects on business
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2020, 07:55:37 PM »
Just did 2600 prints for an event this weekend that they cancelled right as we finished the shirts!  They are still taking them and postponing the event.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2020, 06:37:08 AM »
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2020, 06:59:43 AM »
My commute to work is cut in half lol. A lot of schools closed by me and most offices switched to work from home for the time being.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2020, 07:57:30 AM »
Several school and college orders that came in on Mon have already been canceled. I did not enjoy 2008, just sayin.
Tees and Coffee

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2020, 08:03:00 AM »
Its official today we have to lay people off. Something we have never had to do in nearly two decades.

Business has come to a crawl, to many events are being canceled, marathons, youth events etc. We are in Connecticut and we depend on a lot of work from New York which has been seriously effected by the virus scare.
"No man is an island"

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2020, 08:31:40 AM »
Interesting and accurate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFhjMQrVts
This is very accurate.      Here they are closing schools, cutting out train lines, nobody is allowed to sit behind the bus drivers, so shortage there also.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2020, 02:32:33 PM »
Our 2nd biggest contract customer said they had 30-40% of their current orders cancelled yesterday. They are into the greek life / fraternity space, with colleges shutting down events we could see a big hit to what is one of our busiest times of year. Fortunately we have zero debt here and only have to pay rent, utility, payroll etc. Working to tie up receivables. Hopefully no layoffs and short workdays ahead, but it could be inevitable. As the weather warms i'm thinking that this all should taper.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2020, 02:40:45 PM »
That is what I am thinking too...but I hope that taper comes fast.  But the market could be a little slower to recover...let me get some more money in there first... :)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »
That is what I am thinking too...but I hope that taper comes fast.  But the market could be a little slower to recover...let me get some more money in there first... :)

haha I've been buying stocks all the way down. I guess i was a little too trigger happy to buy the dip because who knows where the bottom is.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2020, 04:11:05 PM »

haha I've been buying stocks all the way down. I guess i was a little too trigger happy to buy the dip because who knows where the bottom is.

I did the same damn thing...they are still way under their highs, every time i think it's bottomed out it grabs a shovel and starts digging.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2020, 05:33:53 PM »
Just hired 3 people. this is their first week... 5 jobs cancelled...its going to be tight keeping these people on.

We came out of the gate freakin hot in feb.. it was going sooo well.

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2020, 06:53:40 PM »
We've had a few conferences postpone their convention, so far we haven't had orders outright cancel.  We are having a company meeting tomorrow to lay out under which conditions we will need to close the shop and gauge everyone's feelings on it.  We have enough work to keep printing but I'm expecting mandatory quarantine very soon, we will have no choice.  News is getting crazier by the minute. 

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2020, 06:53:17 AM »
  Really, apparel is just a side here. Our main items are menus and menu covers. Some of our biggest customers are cruise lines. I'm starting to get a little worried.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2020, 08:32:54 AM »
We're about 20 miles outside of Boston, a lot of towns have closed schools, even the town we're in, as one parent of a student tested positive. It may be a bit of overkill, but the St. Patty's Day parade in South Boston is cancelled, and the Boston Marathon is being postponed, last I heard anyway. Our numbers are very low here, but of course, that can change. So, Keep Calm and Carry On, yes?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2020, 09:33:44 AM »
They have closed all public schools in our county for 2 weeks(3 since spring break is the following week).  We are seeing a bunch of schools cancel all events.  It's going to be tough here for a while.