Author Topic: Coronavirus - effects on business  (Read 23495 times)

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: Coronavirus - effects on business
« Reply #360 on: July 23, 2020, 02:18:00 PM »
Graphicdisorder I totally agree. we just lost a older cousin with health complications. caught it and just died 1st death in our county.
Shane

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #361 on: July 23, 2020, 02:31:58 PM »
It's overblown.  It's deadly, don't get me wrong.  And not "the flu" deadly.  It's worse than that.  But we flattened the curve to wait on therapeutics and to not overflow the hospitals.  We are past that now.

Also, for a great website on the spread, check this out:

www.rt.live

A synopsis of it is for every one person that contracts the virus, how many will the infect.  So, numbers above 1 are bad.  Numbers below 1 are good.  Georgia is at 1.05.  It's not bad.  We should still be careful, but we can't stop life.

Also, anybody else see that CNN published an article praising hydroxychloroquine again?  You know they didn't want to write it, but it does look like it helps.  At least when it's adminsistered early.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #362 on: July 23, 2020, 03:38:27 PM »
I'm not saying it's not deadly. it is way deadly and would be a horrible way to go. Our first death in my county was a marathon runner, no underlying health issues at all.  50 something years old... MY bitch is the media spinning this like it's a death sentence.  In my completely selfish, ignorant opinion, we are all getting screwed to save the few. So we are not supposed to die anymore? More people are suffering from closures than are laying in hospital beds. You can die from lots of things, starvation being one of them.... somethings got to give here

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #363 on: July 23, 2020, 04:38:30 PM »
I want to get back to normal to, this stuff is eating my business alive, and sh!t is tough, but let me say this y'all talk sh!t about the media blowing this up, ask yourself why?.  I know some of the hype is way over, it's to get the attention of some people that don't believe anything before it heads them in the head, common F'ing sense is loss on a lot of people, look at the jackazz that stay out in hurricanes and then have to be saved, putting other peoples life in danger, why because they don't believe crap.  We all are hurting some of us more than others, and for you that are not hurting bad I'm happy for you and hope none of your family or friends get this virus and die before you take it serious, and I want get into George Floyd because I willing to bet none of you have been in those shoes and hope you never will be...y'all just stay safe and take care of your love ones :)

Sorry for rant but this has been a BS day on top of other BS days
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:35:29 AM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #364 on: July 23, 2020, 07:40:47 PM »
I can name several people dead here (New Orleans) from the virus plus a family member (Vermont). It can kill you.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #365 on: July 24, 2020, 05:58:17 AM »
I want to get back to normal to, this stuff is eating my business alive, and sh!t is tough, but let me say this y'all talk sh!t about the media blowing this up, ask yourself why?.  I know some of the hype is way over, it's to get the attention of some people that don't believe anything before it heads them in the head, common F'ing sense is loss on a lot of people, look at the jackazz that stay out in hurricanes and then have to be saved, putting other peoples life in danger, why because they don't believe crap.  We all are hurting some of us more than others, and for you that are not hurting bad I'm happy for you and hope none of your family or friends get this virus and die before you take it serious, and I want get into George Floyd because I willing to bet none of you have been in those shoes and hope you never will be...y'all just stay safe and take care of your love ones :)

Sorry for rant but this has been a BS day on top of other BS days

D always a pleasure to read your posts! thank you!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #366 on: July 24, 2020, 08:41:57 AM »
It's overblown.  It's deadly, don't get me wrong.  And not "the flu" deadly.  It's worse than that.  But we flattened the curve to wait on therapeutics and to not overflow the hospitals.  We are past that now.

Also, for a great website on the spread, check this out:

www.rt.live

A synopsis of it is for every one person that contracts the virus, how many will the infect.  So, numbers above 1 are bad.  Numbers below 1 are good.  Georgia is at 1.05.  It's not bad.  We should still be careful, but we can't stop life.

Also, anybody else see that CNN published an article praising hydroxychloroquine again?  You know they didn't want to write it, but it does look like it helps.  At least when it's adminsistered early.

Good info on that rt live website, thanks for sharing.

Your CNN headline you mentioned posted yesterday is another confirming it doesn't help though, sorry to say- https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/health/hydroxychloroquine-covid-brazil-study/index.html

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #367 on: July 24, 2020, 10:51:39 AM »
I also have a HUGE problem with the double standards.  A lot of it IS the media.  Look at how the frame stuff.

You can't do funerals, or have in person schooling, but you can protest all you want...in huge crowds.  If you want to have school you are wanting dad teachers, but if you loot and burn buildings you are a protester.  No, those are rioters.

Also, chicken wings aren't a meal, but a sandwich is?  Cuomo has killed more people than Florida, Texas, Georgia combined, and yet the media says he's done a great job.  over 20% of all US deaths were in NY.  Add NJ, MA, and PA into it and it's nearing 50% of all deaths.  And yet, down here in the south we are a bunch of dumb rednecks.

The media is nobody's friend.  And I am lumping all of them in there.  I have a special hatred of CNN because it's in my hometown.  I used to be so proud of that since the only other thing we had was Coke.  I guess I'll have to just stick with my hate-chicken now.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #368 on: July 24, 2020, 11:16:44 AM »
mk162 double standards come with just about anything, the media is like looking through the news paper, you sift through the to fine the relevant stuff and discard the rest, and yes looting ain't protesting it's a crime, but this is getting way off the subject and that's on me.  I will close with this all the bull is how we lose track of this virus fake news or not it ain't good and our focus should be getting back on track. and whats up with this I miss something  (Also, chicken wings aren't a meal, but a sandwich is?)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #369 on: July 24, 2020, 11:41:53 AM »

Also, chicken wings aren't a meal, but a sandwich is?  Cuomo has killed more people than Florida, Texas, Georgia combined, and yet the media says he's done a great job.  over 20% of all US deaths were in NY.  Add NJ, MA, and PA into it and it's nearing 50% of all deaths.  And yet, down here in the south we are a bunch of dumb rednecks.

New York CITY - Not New York, don't lump us all in with that cesspool. 

So now the guy is telling us what we can and can not eat for a meal... Got it.....Tell Cuomo to come to Buffalo and tell us wings aren't a meal.  ;D

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Crazy Mike

• !!!
« Reply #370 on: July 24, 2020, 11:56:40 AM »
Fake meat is not a meal either, it's a warm salad!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #371 on: July 24, 2020, 11:58:17 AM »

New York CITY - Not New York, don't lump us all in with that cesspool. 

So now the guy is telling us what we can and can not eat for a meal... Got it.....Tell Cuomo to come to Buffalo and tell us wings aren't a meal.  ;D

Too bad, New York---New York City.  You share 66% of the same name...so therefor you are the same. ;)  And it's your governor deciding these things. 

Darryl, you'll have to look it up.  Pretty much bars aren't allowed to serve alcohol without food, so they started serving chips, and other really funny stuff.  Some of the menus were online and hilarious.  Now the governor is ticked and is saying they have to serve substantive food.  A sandwich is in, chicken wings are out.

Offline Shirt Lord

• Verified/Junior
  • The Waterbased Wizard of Druid City
« Reply #372 on: July 24, 2020, 04:59:40 PM »
Darryl, you'll have to look it up.  Pretty much bars aren't allowed to serve alcohol without food, so they started serving chips, and other really funny stuff.  Some of the menus were online and hilarious.  Now the governor is ticked and is saying they have to serve substantive food.  A sandwich is in, chicken wings are out.

They should just start serving "Deconstructed Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches." Toss a few slices of bread on the plate with the wings and call it a day. Cuomo is a clown.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #373 on: July 24, 2020, 05:09:43 PM »
I also have a HUGE problem with the double standards.  A lot of it IS the media.  Look at how the frame stuff.

You can't do funerals, or have in person schooling, but you can protest all you want...in huge crowds.  If you want to have school you are wanting dad teachers, but if you loot and burn buildings you are a protester.  No, those are rioters.

The media is nobody's friend.  And I am lumping all of them in there.  I have a special hatred of CNN because it's in my hometown.  I used to be so proud of that since the only other thing we had was Coke.  I guess I'll have to just stick with my hate-chicken now.

I'm in NJ and I can tell you the main reason our area is hit so hard is because of how densly populated we are. There's more people in my small county then many states in the Midwest which are 1000 times the size. That being said, yeah a lot of people have rocks in their heads around here lol. I have no hate for the south!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #374 on: July 26, 2020, 02:30:31 PM »
Connecticut was also one of the worse hit states in the beginning, then we some how elected Cuomo to be our governor and our previous governor seemed to have stepped down to be Cuomo's spoke person. At least thats the way it seemed. Our governor is responsible for many thousands of deaths when he ordered the sick elderly to be spread out into nursing homes across the state, his excuse was to not over whelm hospitals. Well that decisions spread the disease like wild fire and now some what more accurate numbers are starting to come out and it appears over 70% of all positive cases in our state were in nursing homes and over 80% of deaths were also in nursing homes.

It was so bad that when 60 patients were being transferred to a nursing home in my town our own police chief informed the entire town of it giving local people a chance to either get their family out of that place or protest the transfer.

As for the police issue I feel the goal is implementing de-escalation into our policing. Escalation always seems to be the first step in an arrest.
"No man is an island"