Author Topic: has anyone else noticed...  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
has anyone else noticed...
« on: December 29, 2011, 03:53:51 PM »
... that the giant print size trend is dying? I print for a lot of bands and start up clothing lines and these past few months I've noticed that the avarage print size is now page size. Weird.... I'm not complaing! :o Makes my life easier.

And the white tee is coming back and neons are out. Could 2012 mean the end of the "bring back the look of the 80's"trend? We can only hope.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:00:04 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: has anyone else noticed...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 04:21:23 PM »
... that the giant print size trend is dying? I print for a lot of bands and start up clothing lines and these past few months I've noticed that the avarage print size is now page size. Weird.... I'm not complaing! :o Makes my life easier.

And the white tee is coming back and neons are out. Could 2012 mean the end of the "bring back the look of the 80's"trend? We can only hope.

We do a lot of longer prints, 23 inches.

All of our customers though pretty much want at least max standard size (15x17).  I get very few requests for smaller prints than that.  That's actually where most of my customers come from, because of the small print area they had at x/y/z printer before. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »

We do a lot of longer prints, 23 inches.

All of our customers though pretty much want at least max standard size (15x17).  I get very few requests for smaller prints than that.  That's actually where most of my customers come from, because of the small print area they had at x/y/z printer before.

Exactly. We bought a Sportsman E from M&R a few years back because the print size is 20" wide by 23" long. Can't tell you how many large orders we have printed because nobody in town at the time had a print area that large. Which is weird because we are in a major city. But a really, really large shop in the area went out and got the exact same press as us last year because of that. But we are not worried as they don't do water base. Who wants to wear a sheet of plastisol?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 05:22:38 PM »
Maybe it's just a fluke. Typically 90% of my work is 13x18.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »

Nah. We live in a large country and different trends are in different areas. Really depends on your client base. We do a fair amount of record labels and their bands and it is funny - indie bands like small prints and metal and hip-hop bands go for the "yes please, as large as possible" look. Just remember to charge more for your loss of ink on those oversized prints!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »

Nah. We live in a large country and different trends are in different areas. Really depends on your client base. We do a fair amount of record labels and their bands and it is funny - indie bands like small prints and metal and hip-hop bands go for the "yes please, as large as possible" look. Just remember to charge more for your loss of ink on those oversized prints!

Agreed,small for indie and folk bands and large for your emo,hardcore, metal and punk bands. Haven't printed for any hiphop groups yet. Indie rock is growing at a rapid pace around here so maybe that's it... 

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »
Hey Endless Ink,
Just went to your website and you have some cool prints up there. On our music printing roster we have a lot of similar styles. I saw the "Approach" print and thought it was Negative Approach! I was thinking when did they get back together? Are half of them still alive!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »
Hey Endless Ink,
Just went to your website and you have some cool prints up there. On our music printing roster we have a lot of similar styles. I saw the "Approach" print and thought it was Negative Approach! I was thinking when did they get back together? Are half of them still alive!

Yeah those guys were really big into the oldschool SXE HC sound. I had a simular band myself during my straight edge days called Times Like These and Hangin' Tuff.