Author Topic: Love these types of emails  (Read 2483 times)

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
Love these types of emails
« on: January 05, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »
I don't like the way these prices look... I have already placed a sizeable order from you, and now I am showing you that I am interested in being a repeat customer. I am already estimating that I will be places at least one order every quarter (and if I can get a "standard rate" from someone) I am more likely to want to place orders for shirts to promote more speciality events for my business and not just the generic logo t-shirt that I am currently ordering.

Can you reconsider those prices for me?

Thanks alot!

4 color front and one color back.  She order 100 5 months ago and wants the same pricing on an order of 20.
I'm sure if I was dumb enough to do it she would  want 4 next month for the same price ???

I think customers think we just push a button and the shirts are printed.

Online bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: Love these types of emails
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:14:12 PM »
Let me guess,,,she's a slow pay, too? I bet I know who it is.

And if you'd get that freaking press running, all you'd have to do is push a few buttons and they would be done. (gentle jab)
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »
Let me guess,,,she's a slow pay, too? I bet I know who it is.

And if you'd get that freaking press running, all you'd have to do is push a few buttons and they would be done. (gentle jab)
Nope not her, this is an out of state customer so I get payment first.
Sometime with local customers I feel like a bank that offer 0% interest ;D
I haven't heard from her in a while, wonder if she moved on to the next shop.

My press is starting to look new again, I think I've spent 10 hours already getting spray tack off and I'm probably half done.
I have a one color, no flash, for 100 shirts next week.  Going to run it on the auto, figured that would be a good order to get it running.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:55:42 AM »
I don't like the way these prices look... I have already placed a sizeable order from you, and now I am showing you that I am interested in being a repeat customer. I am already estimating that I will be places at least one order every quarter (and if I can get a "standard rate" from someone) I am more likely to want to place orders for shirts to promote more speciality events for my business and not just the generic logo t-shirt that I am currently ordering.

Thanks alot!

4 color front and one color back.  She order 100 5 months ago and wants the same pricing on an order of 20.
I'm sure if I was dumb enough to do it she would  want 4 next month for the same price ???

I am soooo glad that printers don't do that.  Well, almost no printers do that. There are three that I know of.  LOL. Fortuantly, I've outlived my welcome in their stable of artist and separators that they use and have moved on to someone with more time to waste.  All others have been great to work with. Ok, there is the one or two who didn't pay me last year but other than that, ALL GREAT. Tons of great people that are printers.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 01:28:19 AM »

Thanks alot!

This one is easy. Call her bluff. She said that she wanted to be a repeat customer. Let her prove it by placing orders at normal pricing. Then at the end of a defined time you will refund her the discount she and you figure out on all the orders she did. I never discount unless a customer has proven they do enough work with me to earn a discount. I have also done this with 10 orders. I give a discount to some of my customer when they reach 10 orders in a year. Usually one pricing level. There is a minimum order of 50 shirts.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 03:01:54 AM by Screened Gear »

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 07:06:16 AM »

Thanks alot!

once upon a time i made a small living selling industrial equipment. In that excercise I decided I would have only one price for the variety of stuff I sold.
I apply that same price philosphy to tee shirts it goes exactly like this.........set your price such that if you get the order you did not do so because you dropped your shorts...that makes you a HO. Likewise don't set your price too high such that if your customer buys from you they will feel like you raped them. Moarle of the story here is IF someone is going to get screwed in the sale the price is on the wrong side of the equasion one side or the other. When pricing is fair no one gets screwed and the price equasion is in correct balance, don't change it and live with the outcome.
YOU DID NOT let your customer shift the equasion into unbalance  good for you.

If you loose her buisness it will hurt far less than taking her business at a cut rate.
 And by the way people who write letters like that and don't call to talk with you directly know they could not pull off the same request directly because it is so freaking lamo.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 08:42:51 AM »

Wait... So you are saying that isn’t how it’s done... :o
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 08:45:59 AM »
Dang Brannon, this was your time to say..."but that's how it's done on an Anatol."

Would have sold 5 of them by lunch.

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »
Dang Brannon, this was your time to say..."but that's how it's done on an Anatol."

Would have sold 5 of them by lunch.

Brad... You haven’t seen the new ones... You don’t even have to push a button anymore. It connects wirelessly to your brain... Whatever you think, it prints... :P

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 09:47:18 AM »
I'll take 6 then, can the be here by lunch?

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »
I’ll have them there by 12:00pm... But I need to pick up a "Certified" check at 11:00  ;)

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »
Sweet, I just got my "certified" stamp in the mail yesterday.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 12:33:43 PM »

Thanks alot!

I like to politely tell them that it's simply not realistic to think that, and that for that pricing, there is no incentive to do the work.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't