Author Topic: Shirt Designer  (Read 1350 times)

Offline eliteinkprinting

• Verified/Junior
Shirt Designer
« on: March 10, 2020, 09:12:15 AM »
Hey guys, we’re looking for a shirt designer to use on our website but aren’t having much luck.

We’ve used InkSoft in the past and have looked into getting it back, but they do not offer their shirt designer as a stand alone product. It comes with the $299/month package that includes stores, proposals, order manager, etc. We use Printavo, so we do not need any of the extras. I’ve contacted InkSoft to see if I can get the shirt designer by itself and it sounds like that won’t be a possibility.

I’ve also looked at inkXE, but it’s $3,000 to buy outright which is a little out of our budget right now.

Everything else I’m finding doesn’t offer much as far as product integration (minimal blanks for customers to choose from) or their library of design elements is very small without the option to upload my own. If possible, I’d like to be able to use products directly from our suppliers’ catalogs.

Is inkXE my only option, or spending the $300/month at InkSoft?

Thanks for the help!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Shirt Designer
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 03:14:54 PM »
Check out Layout Lab at Ignition Drawing. We've considered using it before, but usually, I don't care much for the graphics. Was the designer you were using before bringing in work for you? I've read mixed reviews with a lot these, just wondering.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 03:22:42 PM »
Check out Layout Lab at Ignition Drawing. We've considered using it before, but usually, I don't care much for the graphics. Was the designer you were using before bringing in work for you? I've read mixed reviews with a lot these, just wondering.

Steve
I have to say I have never read a good review on these design online programs. More of an expensive PITA than anything. Shopify has an app that's about 15.00/mo or so we were going to look at, but never got around to it. One day it sounds like a good idea, then the next it sounds like a headache  ;D
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 04:00:03 PM »

Steve
I have to say I have never read a good review on these design online programs. More of an expensive PITA than anything. Shopify has an app that's about 15.00/mo or so we were going to look at, but never got around to it. One day it sounds like a good idea, then the next it sounds like a headache  ;D

Thanks Homer, I needed that ;D

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline printavo

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 11:18:54 AM »
Also checkout web2ink.com I know they're working on a Printavo integration too :)
https://www.printavo.com - Printavo, simple shop management software.

Offline discounttshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 10:41:16 AM »
I had these same issues - while not perfect we use the inkybay decorator plug in thru shopify -- we upgraded to the top level so that we can add unlimited clipart and fonts and designs /products - so we were already paying $29 for shopify - then we added this for $99 more per month - we use it for banners, business cards, mugs, shirts and more - it is not perfect but is pretty flexible once you figure it out - they have a youtube channel with lots of videos to help .
check it out on this product in our store

https://nwatees.myshopify.com/collections/design-your-own-digital-printed-garments/products/sport-tek-baseball-jersey-3-4-t-shirt-1

Discount T-Shirts & Embroidery
Farmington, Arkansas

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 11:00:26 AM »
I’ll be following this.  I’m also looking for a design program.
I’ve seen inkXE but I had trouble trying to do a simple design using it.
If it worked well I think the price is ok, you buy it and have no more payments.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 02:01:20 PM »
I deep trialed Inksoft last year and, at that time, they planned to offer each module standalone, might want to reach out and ask.

For the Shopify plug ins, what kind of control do you have over where the client uploaded file goes?  Could I feed it from the plug in to a more robust web to print system for instance and get that file to rip and print on my dye sub printer, or at least queue up for printing without intervention?